• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Upload Images With Better Quality / Less Blurr? Suggestions?

fallenchaoskitten

Legendary Something or Other
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
0970-8018-2613
Island
Wishdrop
Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cake
Gold Super Mailbox
Yoshi Easter Egg
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I tend to pixel a lot ... and true pixel not any tool shading.
So when I upload any of my pixel images lately... I have noticed that have been really... blurry.
Which sometimes with larger or more graphic images you can't tell as much? But with pixels its a little easier. And if it isn't tool shaded pixeling I think it is easier to see the poor quality. ^^'

I save in .png format...
And I upload at tinypic.com.

I have used that format and that location for years and have never had an issue with losing quality of the image. =/
Yet for the last month or so I have noticed a big decrease in the crispness of the photos... I can copy-paste the uploaded photo next to the drawn in MS paint photo and I can zoom in and actually see where the pixels have been blurred on the edges.
I could especially tell in my last signature I made ((it was crappy anyways, but it just made it look that much worse))

Luckily, my latest upload ((new signature)) hasn't really done it yet...
But I would like maybe some ideas on what I could do in the future to try and preserve the crisp quality of the photos just in case it starts happening again.

I use both Flickr & Photobucket. PNG files are better quality than JPG ones, though not sure how you were saving your pics before.

have you tried photobucket?

Yup. "? 2004-2014 TinyPic?, a Photobucket Video & Photo Sharing Company"
They use to actually be linked together and I found tinypic through photobucket... I just use tinypic because it makes very short urls.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I use both Flickr & Photobucket. PNG files are better quality than JPG ones, though not sure how you were saving your pics before.

-pokes first post-
.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

https://imgur.com/

is probably your best bet.

... something about it reminds me of instagram...
And makes me think I would need to actually start putting my signature on my stuff again. XP

Register for Imgur. The servers are decent and the images are typically full quality.

Back