• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Vert

TheGremp

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Cptamericav2.png

I followed Swan's displace tut (thanks swan :D), it was going to be a sig but the stock didn't look good in a sig, so I made it a vert, I think it turned out well

C&C?

EDIT:

V2:
Cptamericav3.png

*steals*

Oh, that doesnt mean that I like it. That just means that I'm gong to sell it to people because there's no name on it.

let me get this straight...

Swancheese always makes a version with and a version without text

you could go annoy swan about it

yet you choose not to, but then, you choose to bug the crap out of me.

TheGremp said:

No, I bother him about other things.
He overreacts a lot. It's quite funny.

dragonflamez said:
TheGremp said:

No, I bother him about other things.
He overreacts a lot. It's quite funny.
S'true.

It seems you're using the tutorial too much, and it looks like one of swan's sigs (not a compliment). Text would be nice in the sig, but pick a color and font that atually fits with the sig.

Pichubro said:
FIRST 2 SECONDS... And there's an fight about text... Wow.
and pointing this out helps?

and UB is right. Try a tut to learn it, but don't claim it as you're own work, even if you give credit to the tut.

OddCrazyMe said:
Pichubro said:
FIRST 2 SECONDS... And there's an fight about text... Wow.
and pointing this out helps?

and UB is right. Try a tut to learn it, but don't claim it as you're own work, even if you give credit to the tut.
There's nothing wrong with it. Of course, you don't want to rely on tutoorials forever, and alays posting it, but it's nice to post your own creation and get others opinions, so it helps the tut user and the tutorial maker.

for one thing it's my first time with this style so it would suck if I didn't use a tut, I'd just be randomly spewing crap onto my canvas and not getting anywhere, since I had no clue how swan made them

and please don't go through that freakin "gremp posts too many threads" thing again, been there, done that, I've made 7 and not made any posts about them, now I posted one. ONE. Other people post one graphic and it's not mentioned... There can't be a graphics section where nobody is allowed to post...

TheGremp said:
for one thing it's my first time with this style so it would suck if I didn't use a tut, I'd just be randomly spewing crap onto my canvas and not getting anywhere, since I had no clue how swan made them
This is what I do with a tut.

First, I make a sig with the tut. Then, I make another sig, adding in my own elements and taking out tutorial elements. That way, it doesn't seem like someone else's art.

UltraByte said:
It seems you're using the tutorial too much, and it looks like one of swan's sigs (not a compliment). Text would be nice in the sig, but pick a color and font that atually fits with the sig.
ouch...lol
anyway, not too bad, seems kinda blank in spots tho, and some spots are too grainy.

Back