• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

VERY new to ACNL....some basic questions!

_lunachii

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
some basic questions guys! ah i hope i'm putting this in the right place...(this is my first post aside form my intro one)
SO if you visit someone else's town, can you use their shampoodle's? Second day of gameplay and i'm already psyched off changing my hair ^^; How much does it cost?
How exactly does visiting someone's town work? Like, what is a dream address code? I only know my ds friend code...
Are there similarities with the Wild World where you have to get a passcode or whatever for Redd's tent/etc.?
Ah such silly questions...i'm sorry! I believe that's all i have for now. :) thanks guys!

EDIT: added question~
Can someone please explain to me what/how/why/ TURNIPS? I don't understand this at all -_-

Last edited:
If you were to visit someones town you can use their shampoodle but it will still cost you 3000 bells. To visit someones town you have to add each others friend codes. Dream address codes are used for visiting someones else's town as a dream. You will need to unlock the dream suit first before you can dream about other towns.

Also for your next questions, Redd's tent is still the same but you don't need any type of pass code, you can just enter.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you were to visit someones town you can use their shampoodle but it will still cost you 3000 bells. To visit someones town you have to add each others friend codes. Dream address codes are used for visiting someones else's town as a dream, so they actually can't see you in their town.

Also for your next questions, Redd's tent is still the same but you don't need any type of pass code, you can just enter.

I hope this helps.

SOOO helpful ah! Thanks ^_^

Hello ~

Yes, if you visit someone's town, you can use their Shampoodle's. It costs 3,000 bells. When she asks you questions, your answers lean into what your hairstyle will look like. I'd look up a hairstyle guide for AC:NL, considering you might not like what your hair turns out to be. Additionally, you can only change your hair once a day!

A Dream Address Code is used for the Dream Suite. If you walk into the Town Hall and find Isabelle sleeping, then you'll gain access to being able to build the Dream Suite as a Public Works Project. It's very pricey, around 240k bells to build.

There are similarities to Wild World, but you don't need a passcode for Redd's Tent!

If you need anything else, you can simply PM me :)

They're not silly question. :) All of us were new to the game at one point.

1. Yes, you can use someone else's Shampoodle. It costs 3000 Bells to get your hair done.
2. You hop on the train to visit people. As long as they have your Friend Code and you have theirs, that is.
3. The Dream Suite PWP will come after you've used the Wi-Fi feature at least once.
4. Redd doesn't ask for a password. Just walk into his tent when you see it. You can only buy 1 thing from him each time he visits.

Last edited:
To clarify a bit, once you've added each other to your friends list, the person you want to visit has to open their gates in the train station by talking to Porter and choosing 'Invite guests in'. Once they've opened the gates, go to the train station and say you want to visit a faraway town. If your friend's gates are open, they will show up on the list.

If you use a dream code, you can't enter Main Street.

EDIT: added question~
Can someone please explain to me what/how/why/ TURNIPS? I don't understand this at all -_-

Basically, the idea is to purchase a lot and sell them for a higher price.

You can buy them on Sunday mornings. A character named Joan will be somewhere in your town from 6 AM to 12 PM. They cost you about 90-110 bells per turnip and they come in stacks.

You can then sell them to Reese. Her prices for turnips will change twice every day. You can talk to her and ask her for the current turnip price. If you're lucky, the price will be above 200 bells, maybe 600, or even 800. If you sell your turnips at this point, you'll gain profit.

Now, your chances of getting good turnip prices aren't that high. Luckily, you can sell your turnips in other villages, too! If a friend has a high turnip price, you can visit them and sell your turnips. There's a turnip price thread, as well.

If you attempt time traveling (changing your ingame time), your turnips will get spoiled.

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to clarify something mentioned by the above person! Time traveling (changing the time) will only spoil your turnips in certain circumstances:
IF you go backwards (it's Tuesday and you go to Monday) they will spoil
IF you go to forward a few days, as long as you don't reach Sunday, they will be fine. If you go to Sunday, they will be spoiled.
Also, time traveling backwards will--if you have one--expire your snowman bingo card, and melt any snowpeople you've built.

Also, you didn't ask about Snowpeople, but in case you're interested there are good guides for that here and here!

Back