• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Auction Etiquette

xoeffy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
If someone offers the buyout price, then someone offers to go higher than that. Is it okay to let them auction above the buyout price or is that unfair? Not sure how to add a poll, but yeah this is kind of a poll.

Last edited:
I'd say its unfair, whats the point of having a buyout if someone can't buy it for that price? Lol

I'm of the same opinion. I'd say that if someone was going to bid higher than the buyout (like if you suspected it might happen), make your buyout price ridiculously higher than your first buyout thought. I wonder if that makes sense... Sounded better in my head.

I don't think it's fair. I wouldn't let anyone bid/buy after the buyout price has been reached or w/e

If your auction has a buyout price, stick to it. If someone makes a post saying they'll buy it at the buyout price, that's the same thing as somebody making the last post at the end of an auction. They won. No matter how big a bid gets after their post, they won, and you definitely need to honor their win.

It should be under "Thread Tools". You don't actually have to edit the post to use that option by the way. Just look at your first post and you should see the drop down menus available.

I think it's ok to go over the buyout price. I mean, the buyout price is there for anyone to automatically buy the villager, it in no way means that it's the highest someone can offer. Now what I really hate are private bids, especially when the person holding the auction doesn't update the public thread with the private bidder's offer.

I help run ACBay Auctions, an auction site for the Animal Crossing series and I feel that the buyout should be honoured as someone is willing to pay the exact amount that was requested by the auctioneer.

I personally think there should be NO exceptions to that and there aren't exceptions to that rule on ACBay.

Last edited:
If you've set the buyout yourself, going against it is unfair. I believe if someone meets the buyout they should win automatically, hence buyout. Accepting a higher bid is just greedy and poor salesmanship (in my opinion)

Last edited:
I think that the buyout is the buyout. Offer the buyout, you win the auction and it ends.

I also really hate it when people PM the auction creator and offer private bids, so you have no idea of what to offer.
Why must people be so awkward.

If you set a buyout price, then whoever offered the buyout price should get the villager, not the person who offered over. It's not fair. Its like saying "Hey you can have this villager, just kidding!"

Back