• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

villager not moving

hiyukihime

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
so last mon the 2nd deena said she was going to move on the 10th i tried TTing her straight to the 10th and she was still there tried going further into the month she was still there
now she said she was moving on the second, she also said she would "think about it" is there a way to reset this so I can make her move shes too close to my house >:c

I didn't know villagers could move eight days after they ask to move... I always thought the limit was five days. I would have TTed one day at a time to be safe but I'm not really sure what to suggest. :(

actually i did do one day at a time until she said she wanted to move i didnt try TTing her out until today :/

What I was trying to express was that after they ping you and ask to move and you've agreed, I usually TT one day at a time until they are packed up and ready to move. I don't really understand TT mechanics very well but I wonder if traveling multiple days at a time only really counts for one day. Hopefully someone with better information will be able to help you out. :)

Usually when a villager tells me they're moving, and I agree to let them go, I TT to the day they leave and they're packed up and ready to go.

Maybe when you told her to move, she insisted that she would stay?

I've done this a couple times by speeding through the dialogue and not reading what the villager had said.

If they insist on staying, you can reset your game until they agree to move out.

No, no, just quit without saving. Then when the villager pings you to tell you they want to move out, they should agree to move.

(I was talking about when they insist on staying, as bittermeat was saying)

Last edited:
Try reading through this guide.

Basically, you will have to TT forward again until she asks to move out. When she asks to move out, you can either tell a villager to go ahead and move, or you can ask them to stay. Sometimes when you tell them to move, they'll still decide to stay. Only in this case can you reset and let them ask you to move again.

Last edited:
Back