• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Villager Pictures

meggiewes

Resident Velma Lover
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Black Hybrid Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Alright, I've been trying to get Velma's picture for a while now and as far as I can tell she is at the top friendship level with me. I make her happy with everything and she visits me in my house (which is super adorable). I even dug out one of my precious perfect peaches to give to her because she wanted a perfect fruit. She still hasn't given me her picture though.

On the second hand, Mitzi has given me a total of 3 pictures. One with a request and two came in the mail. The last one came today right after she moved out. (sweet and adorable)

Here is my question: does a villager absolutely have to move out to get a picture from them? (and if so I wonder how I got so many from Mitzi) Or are some personality types just harder to get?

I really don't want Velma to move out because I would miss her too much. :(

No, they don't have to move out to get the picture.

You'll have a higher chance of getting a picture with her if you give her something more rare. If she asks for any ocean fish, give her a shark. If she wants a piece of furniture, go get something re-made at ReTail with Cyrus. If she wants any fruit, try to give her a non-native perfect fruit (people on the ReTail board will trade you theirs if you give them some of your native perfect fruits). You're not guaranteed to get one if you do these things, but it makes the chances higher.

Any general advice to help someone who's not gotten a single picture yet? How do you tell when a villager is at the point they'll give you a picture? Do you need to be sending them letters every day? I'd really love to get the pictures of some of my villagers so that I can allow a few to go on their merry way and make new friends when someone new moves in!

Nope, I'm not sure why she's not giving you her picture. Maybe she's just being stubborn. I have 4 of Kid Cat's pictures.

Thanks for the tips DJStarstriker. I was just about to plant my field of perfect fruit to get baskets of other perfect fruits on the boards. So I think it is funny you mention that one. Maybe with some luck, I'll be able to get her picture this month.

I think I agree with beffa. I think Velma is being stubborn or jealous that I was sending spooky furniture to Lucky.

Any general advice to help someone who's not gotten a single picture yet? How do you tell when a villager is at the point they'll give you a picture? Do you need to be sending them letters every day? I'd really love to get the pictures of some of my villagers so that I can allow a few to go on their merry way and make new friends when someone new moves in!

You don't have to ever send them a letter if you don't want to. All it does is help increase friendship, but you can do that by doing favors for them and talking to them too.

You can tell if a villager is at or near max friendship when they are asking to visit your house or asking you to visit them. Once they get to that level, you can start trying to get a picture. There seems to be 4 good ways to get a picture:

1) Do favors for them. Preferably try to give them rare stuff. Also, if they ask you to do a petition, there's a high chance they'll give you a picture if you complete it.
2) Give them something good for their birthday. Preferably one of their most wanted items or their favorite KK Slider song made into a music box. You can look on Thonky for suggestions. Make sure to wrap the present!
3) If the friendship is maxed when they move out, they might give you their picture. (I've had this happen every time someone moves so far, but I doubt it's actually guaranteed.)
4) Wait (or TT) until April Fool's Day. You can get villager pictures during the events then.

So I've looked up Velma and it says she's a snooty? Maybe that might contribute. They're quite stubborn.

So I've looked up Velma and it says she's a snooty? Maybe that might contribute. They're quite stubborn.

Could be. Snooty and smug for whatever reason seem to be the hardest. I did get Blanche's pic fairly early on (she's snooty), but I've had Ken (smug) since June and he still hasn't given me his picture even though his friendship has been max for a long time.

I do have a good number of villager pics though, so I can promise what I said above works. It's just not guaranteed for most of those options. Ken is the only villager of my original 10 that has never given me his picture. Every single other villager of my original 10, plus some others since then, have given me their picture.

You don't have to ever send them a letter if you don't want to. All it does is help increase friendship, but you can do that by doing favors for them and talking to them too.

You can tell if a villager is at or near max friendship when they are asking to visit your house or asking you to visit them. Once they get to that level, you can start trying to get a picture. There seems to be 4 good ways to get a picture:

1) Do favors for them. Preferably try to give them rare stuff. Also, if they ask you to do a petition, there's a high chance they'll give you a picture if you complete it.
2) Give them something good for their birthday. Preferably one of their most wanted items or their favorite KK Slider song made into a music box. You can look on Thonky for suggestions. Make sure to wrap the present!
3) If the friendship is maxed when they move out, they might give you their picture. (I've had this happen every time someone moves so far, but I doubt it's actually guaranteed.)
4) Wait (or TT) until April Fool's Day. You can get villager pictures during the events then.

Thank you very much for the advice! It seems that a handful of my villagers are already at the picture giving phase! Time to get to giving them better stuff when they ask for it!

The game gives little hints and tips that your friendship is growing. Here's a list of things I've noticed:

1. When you call a villager on the megaphone, if they like you, they turn and respond with a chiming noise. If the noise is a high pitch, that means they love you and are that much closer to giving you their picture. If the friendship is low, they look confused

2. If you sit with them on a bench, they either do nothing, make a happy face, or keep this happy face until you leave. This shows their stages of friendship, from least to most

3. They start asking you to change their catchphrase. This is one of the earlier signs they're starting to like you

4. They start asking to give you nicknames. This is a secondary sign of good friendship

5. They suggest PWPs like crazy. An even closer sign to good friendship

6. They start sending you letters for no reason and say stuff like, "I saw this in the store and I thought of you!"

7. They ask you to get signatures/bury a time capsule. If they ask this, you're very close to getting their picture, and might get it after doing the task

8. They start coming into your house randomly. This is the height of their affection for you. If they do this, they either already gave you a pic or are insanely close to

there's probably more, but these are things I noticed, and in this order. Hope this helps!

Gayle is one of my original 5 villagers and I decided day 1 (June 9th) that she was going to be my BFF. I talked to her several times a day, always gave her the best item I could when she asked for something, never missed an appointment to meet up with her and ran all the errands she wanted me to. I did everything for her. I FINALLY got her picture this last Wednesday (Oct 30). Took me almost 5 months to get it, but I was soooo happy when I finally did, I did a little happy dance.

I've found too that I have the most success getting a picture when they ask for a rare specific item. It seems like that task has gotten me the most photos. But I got a picture this morning for giving back a time capsule and I once got a photo for returning a lost item. But even if I don't get the photo, if I give them rare items, I get items that I haven't cataloged yet so I always try and give them the rarest item. I try to have a basket of each different perfect fruit so if someone asks for a cherry, I can give them a perfect cherry. I try to send about a letter a week but I'm not the greatest at it. So I know you don't have to send daily letters. I find that too tedious and doing errands and favors is easier (and more fun) for me.

I had Opal who is Snooty, and she was the first to give me her picture. She gave me three of hers. Twice face to face and once through mail (as she left)

It depends on the villager I guess. Sometimes you might have a villager you've had from the start who hasn't given you one, and then you'll get a brand new villager who gives it you straight away.

You could tt back to April fools day and get it then.

Back