• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Villager wants to move, but won't ping?

fenris

it's ya boy finn
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Flea
Winter Mittens
Just like the title says, I've got a villager who wants to move (Molly told me so), but no matter how many times I walk past him, he won't ping. I tried saving and quitting a couple of times, but nothing.

Will this affect whether or not he moves? I really want him to leave, because I want to build the campsite where his house is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

...he pinged, and then he decided not to move.

I hate Rizzo so much, you guys.

I hate this stupid mouse.

This might be a strange question, but did you by any chance not play your game for a while before that day? Once I took a month long break, and when I came back, Bunnie told me that Phil was thinking about moving, but Phil wouldn't ping at all, even after save quitting. It turns out that he wasn't pinging me because I hadn't talked to him normally first so he could give me the 'where have you been' speech. I save quit after that and when I reloaded, he pinged to move.

The villager who wants to move, though, if you were told they were thinking about it, if you don't tell them to stay, more than likely they will still move out. They could also ping you tomorrow to ask as well, if you're concerned about being able to tell them TO move just in case.

Edit: also, have other villagers been pinging you for things? you can only get so many pings within a 5-10 minute time frame

Edit 2: lol just saw your edit. That really sucks. Did he say it's because you weren't close enough or something? You might have to force yourself to befriend him further for a while.

Last edited:
Turns out it was because I hadn't spoken to him in like a week.

When he said he wasn't going to leave, I quit without saving, reloaded, and tried again, and this time he's leaving!

I am FINALLY going to be free of him!

When he said he wasn't going to leave, I quit without saving, reloaded, and tried again, and this time he's leaving!

Niiice, that's awesome. I have two villagers I've been waiting on to move for months on end but they won't ping for anything. I bet it's so exciting to rid yourself of a villager you don't want.

I've done that before. LOL. I'm glad you're able to get rid of him! :)

I'm mostly just glad he's going because his house is right where I want to put the campsite. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be too terribly fussed.

This happened to me with my favorite villager. There isn't much you can really do... Or, in my case.

Back