• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Villager won't change nickname or catchphrase

gamar

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I set up all my villagers with their own greetings and catchphrases. A while ago Goose "copied" another villager's catchphrase and I had Isabelle reset it to the default. It's been months since then, he's been at maximum friendship the whole time, and he's never given me the opportunity to change his catchphrase or nickname again. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to fix it?

Well if you made them reset their catchphrase then you may want to wait a long until they run up to you and say they want to change their catchphrase or nickname. This is only with villagers who have high friendship with you that the only ones that can do this. Whoever Goose copied the catchphrase from is the same villager with a high friendship. So if you don't have a high friendship with Goose then its not possible for him to run up to you and ask for a nickname or catchphrase change. You'll need to build up the friendship in order to trigger it. It may have something to do with bad RNG where high friendship villagers sometimes may not want to change the nickname or catchphrase yet and it can be if the villager wants to give you a gift or if they are thinking of moving out.

Sometimes it's just RNG being a jerk. I've had Joey on my island for 2 months, friendship is high enough for him to do just about anything, but not once has he asked to change (or even copy) his catchphrase. Other villagers are asking instead.

It always takes a while for my islanders to ask to change my nickname I pretty much sure the last time I was asked was over 4 months ago and I get sick of seeing it haha especially because I only told 1 islander and of course now all of them know it. So they all run around calling me goose :ROFLMAO:

Back