• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Villagers Changing their Shirts

Raffy

so what
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
So I got Fang from someone else a while ago but his shirt really doesn't match his appearance.
How can I force him to change it to something else? I have a shirt that I found in the Able Sisters and I really want him to wear it but I don't know how to make him ask me.

This is really difficult to pull off, sadly. You need to have them ask for it, or gift it to them via a letter and pray they put it on and not place it in their house.

It comes down to luck.

If it's easy enough to copy and make it a pro design of your own, go ahead and design it, and put it up in Able Sisters.
Of course, you still have to wait for a while for him to wear it, but...
That's all I got, sorry it wasn't much help. ^_^

If it's easy enough to copy and make it a pro design of your own, go ahead and design it, and put it up in Able Sisters.
Of course, you still have to wait for a while for him to wear it, but...
That's all I got, sorry it wasn't much help. ^_^

I'm afraid that if I put a design up at Able Sisters, my other villagers with cute shirts will change ;-; Thank you for your help though~

This is really difficult to pull off, sadly. You need to have them ask for it, or gift it to them via a letter and pray they put it on and not place it in their house.

It comes down to luck.

what... i did not know if you mail it to them they will take it.

I'm afraid that if I put a design up at Able Sisters, my other villagers with cute shirts will change ;-; Thank you for your help though~

what... i did not know if you mail it to them they will take it.

Yeah. I gave Whitney from my old town a shirt that I thought would look good on her so I mailed it to her and she happened to start wearing it the next day. She actually gifted me the shirt she was wearing previously in return. It was kinda funny.

The chances are pretty slim that they'll put it on regardless. Able Sister is probably the safest route.

It comes down to luck.

I always thought every time you mailed them clothes they'd put it up in their house! I've never had a villager put on a shirt I sent them xD

It's about a 50/50 chance mailing it to them. Order extras of the shirt. Mail one to him everyday until he puts it on.

It comes down to luck.

Actually, you can restart the game without saving if they arn't wearing the shirt you don't want them to.

I always thought every time you mailed them clothes they'd put it up in their house! I've never had a villager put on a shirt I sent them xD

There was a tip someone gave a while back that mailing 5 of the same shirt to that villager would almost guarantee they'd put it on. I tried it and it worked, but the downside of that is they'll end up with two copies of the shirt displayed in their house and will likely give one to another villager, so you'll have villagers wearing the same shirt. :/

There is something else you can do, but it takes some time. Put the shirt in your pockets, and get everything else out of your pockets. You only have a shirt in your pockets now. Put on your wetsuit, and go swimming in a corner of the sea. Then after 5 minutes, come out of the water and run to Fang. He will ping you, this can be because he wants to change his catchphrase or he wants your shirt. If he asks for a new catchphrase, just try again. It takes some time, but I think it's a pretty good method to use. Be careful for other villagers that can ping you. Or you can do the easy way and just mail it to him. :p

Back