• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villagers, Flowers, Landscaping, and All That

tinycomet

^ u ^
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Leif
This post contains the struggles of plot resetting, the fun of restarting, and all that, the somewhat stressful factor of a new town that is landscaping.

The Villagers
In Polaris, the current villagers are Twiggy, Frank, Molly, Erik, Genji, Paula, Fauna, and Marshal. I'm currently waiting to see who the ninth and 10th villagers will be. I have yet to make a campsite, so for now, I wait for the ninth.

Flowers
I have been playing a lot with flower combinations, and whatever else and have decided that around the houses I want to try and mix flower breeds (ex. pansy + carnation, tulip + lily, etc.) instead of keeping to one-flower paths and sections. (Though I may alternate between one-flower and mixed-flower sections) :3

I want to try and incorporate more cosmos into this town because I forget about them in every town ;w; also cosmos and chaos in space is a thing. I don't know

– Colours –
I'm thinking of having loads of whites to mix between other colours, or yellows where white looks a bit off. I'm going to try and have some pink, a few orange and a bit of black, even though I'm aiming for a brighter town. (I think having whites and yellows and maybe a few blue flowers will make the town a bit brighter?)

– Flower Combinations –
For this town I've definitely been playing with combinations and have come up with a few I think I'd like to try:

Pansy + Roses (Purple + Pink, Blue + White/Yellow/Gold)
Cosmo + Carnation (Black + White wow so traditional ;o;)
Lily + Tulip (Red + White, Yellow + Pink, or the other way around, Pink + Black, or the other way around, Orange + Black)
Lily + Pansy (Pink + Purple, Black + Blue, Black + Orange, White + Blue)

I'm still working on this and would love any suggestions.

Development Permit & Ordinances
Woo nobody cares about this part, but I've not completed this yet.

When I do, I plan on having a beautiful town ordinance enacted, at least until my town is near complete. Once complete, I may change it to a night owl as my DA will be set to night time, and I will be playing more at night and blah blah :3

Landscaping
Surprise, it's one of my favourite things to do.

Nobody's surprised.

As forest towns go, I plan on having 'natural paths', outlined with a mix of flowers and bushes.

Some paths may be flower + flower, while others might be flower + bush + flower. I might have straight bush paths, or maybe bush + tree, depending on PWP placement and if I want certain areas to be restricted//control the areas open to exploration in the dream.

I'm thinking of having a few clovers, though I don't want to have them everywhere, at least I don't think I do.

For paths, I feel like having purple pansy + white carnations would be a cute idea but there are tons of towns that do this? I'm still playing with the path ideas, as seen in the combination section!
– – – – – – – – –
I'm excited to see where this town goes (hopefully not to trash), and how my ideas change as things progress.

Sorry I talked about flowers for 90% of this post, sheesh

If you'd like to check out some more flower combos you could go to my dream address, my town is basically 85% flowers and while I don't necessarily change up the type of flower, I do like to experiment with color combos.

Id be more than happy to check out your town when it's uploaded in the dream suite ^o^

Back