• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villagers moving into the same place?

Silversea

Savannah Queen
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2440-7613-8427
Spring Sakura
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Blue Hybrid Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
New Year's Party Popper
Red Feather
Green Feather
Yellow Feather
Blue Feather
Its happened so much I don't think its a coincidence. Basically 4 times now I've had someone leave, and then someone come and build their house in exactly the same place. Is it an actually feature or just randomness? I don't have many public works projects around.

Rudy moved into Rosie's spot last time, I don't think it's coincidence
maybe there's no housing space or something

I noticed during the reset method that villagers tend to "prefer" certain places, choosing them over and over and over. I'm trying now to pin-point hotspots so I can build something there in it's place so no one moves there. V_V Like right infront of my alt's house was a hotspot so I put a drinking fountain there...

; A ; my camper move-ins do the opposite.

They tend to move into random clumps or in front of my other villagers houses >:U

Campers will move in random places since they aren't replacing anyone, so its a new house. This seems only to apply for villagers who are being replaced.

Campers will move in random places since they aren't replacing anyone, so its a new house. This seems only to apply for villagers who are being replaced.

Not really true... My campers tend to move into the same places more often than not.

At first I thought this thread was about villagers moving in together in one house as roommates haha
That would be cool though, like a two story house with a room for each villager roomie.

This has never happened to me -.- every new villager wants to move onto an unused spot and they never want to cover up the bare spots left behind.

Oh! Fang moved in where Hamphrey used to live. BUT, Hamphrey was my first villager to leave so his bare spot from leaving was FINALLY gone -.-

Naw man, my campers move into the most recently evacuated space most of the time too.

Ah, but I mean if you had 9 villagers already. Though if you had at least one person move out, maybe the camper would take that spot if it hasn't already been taken?

Had someone move out but the next person to move in went in a completely different place...

For me they build near the last person's house. The southern "cove" as I call it has become a housing estate, 4 villagers congregate down there.

I would hope not. Lopez put his house directly in front of my town hall (right in the middle, two spaces in front of the cobblestone), so if I ever want him to move, I'd like whatever villager replaces him to not plop a house right there too lol

Well my last villager moved in a long way from the villager he replaced!

For me, Tammy moved where Teddy formerly was, and Teddy moved out in July. I reset, and Tammy is a couple of of tiles north of where Pudge was.

Back