• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villagers Reacting to Emotions Question

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
While watching the new Japanese Nintendo Direct, during the segment about villagers reacting to your emotions, I thought of an interesting question.
When villagers are themselves feeling a particular emotion, does the emotions that you do effect them differently.
For example, if you laugh at an angry villager, do they get even angrier?
Can you console sad villagers or get a happy one down?
It would be great if that depth was involved, but I have yet to see an example of this.

Any positive emotions they will smile at you, all negative emotions they will have a sad face. Some of the emotions they will copy like the star spin. Which is awesome! Even Lisa in the shop will react to the emotions, it's cool. Sometimes they will clap at your action if it's quite dramatic, like the star spin.

The wave they will wave back every time.

When you select the emotion menu it stays in your bottom screen as you walk around so you can basically spam the emotions as you wander around.

Any positive emotions they will smile at you, all negative emotions they will have a sad face. Some of the emotions they will copy like the star spin. Which is awesome! Even Lisa in the shop will react to the emotions, it's cool. Sometimes they will clap at your action if it's quite dramatic, like the star spin.

The wave they will wave back every time.

When you select the emotion menu it stays in your bottom screen as you walk around so you can basically spam the emotions as you wander around.

I knew all of this. I was wondering if they react differently if they are feeling a specific emotion.

Like if they're angry? I might try it then and see if I can have a fight. Though with the gorilla Peewee I might try and calm them down.

It's really rare to see them with emotions though, the villagers don't seem to speak to each other as much as before.

*Edit*
OK, I tried every emotion/action I could in front of my koala who was super happy and running around singing and she had no reaction at all. Once she stopped singing she was back to normal and copying or making a sad/happy face like before.

I'll try to find an angry or depressed villager next.

Last edited:
I think I've seen someone do this! I'm not sure if their anger just wore off or sumfin but someone was dancing (Doctor Shrunking) in front of them and they cheered up. I forgot exactly what the villager did but they also used an emotion.

Back