• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Voice chat while playing Animal Crossing?

No, but you were able to do something like that in City Folk with the Wii Speak.

I'm really glad there isn't. I appreciate the fact that Nintendo avoids voice chat in all of their games.

Nintendo as a whole usually avoids voice chat in games. I honestly don't mind, but I think it would be pretty sweet to have them on the next entry :D

When I first started playing I thought the megaphone would work with other people over to yell at them in town but was saddened to find out it didn't =[[[

Thanks for replying! I guess Im okay with the 3ds XL chat now, but I wish they had a voice chat! its just so hard to talk with such a small keyboard lol

You cant! But I almost wish there was a way to type easier. Its so hard to type out long thoughts while using the DS keyboard and how limited the characters are. But I mean, I still like it. I dont know how I'd feel about a voice chat option..

When the promo videos were shown in 2011, that's the first thing I thought would happen- the 3DS has a microphone, built-in, right? Yeah, but sadly, so does the Wii U gamepad, and Splatoon shows Nintendo doesn't do voice chat anymore, despite Wii Speak having that microphone you could set up near your tv. They even advertised it!

It obviously shows Nintendo doesn't want people screaming obscenities within their games (their claim on Splatoon's lack of voice chat), and I can't say I blame them, how would you like to tell a visitor on Club Tortimer that you're not giving them any bells, only to be cursed at? I wouldn't like it very much, and Nintendo wants their players to play in 100% safe environments, so bye-bye voice chat. Also, if you were going to have voice chat, with the insane amount of Japanese players who play Animal Crossing and Splatoon, you should probably learn how to speak Japanese!

Back