• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Watering Cans

Charmander

Now comes with fire-proof pants!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
A common complaint in the Animal Crossing is that having to water your flowers everyday is annoying. I agree. In the Gamecube game you didn't have to water the flowers after they were planted, there wasn't even a watering can in the game. The unrelated downside is that you couldn't pick up the flowers and re-plant them somewhere else but that's a rant for another time.

My point is flowers made City Folk and Wild World (especially CF because you have to take care of the grass as well) too tedious. Why not just make the flowers "Invincible", for lack of a better word, like in the GCN game? The watering can and it's upgrades can still be in the game but for the sole purpose of creating hybrid flowers. That would be a dream come true for me but I don't see it happening any time soon... or ever.

Another thing. Why don't your neighbors actually use the equipment they sometimes carry around? How come, for example, the only time you see them using a fishing rod is during the fishing tourney? Why can't, if you follow them around for a while, chase some bugs around or, better yet, water flowers for you. That would both amusing and helpful.

gold roses cant die
watering flowers isnt that hard
Nintendo cant be ****ed to make villegars use tools

watering flowers isnt that hard

But it is an incredibly repetitive 'chore' that was never necessary.

Flowers were great the way they were in AC:GCN. They should have just added the watering can to water flowers that you want to see expand or make hybrids of.

But losing all of my flowers because I don't want to spend 3 hours playing the game everyday? That's just flat out ridiculous, and so are all of the brown flowers. This is just too much of a chore for Animal Crossing, they need to change it back.

Nothing regarding it has been confirmed aside from the return of water cans. We didn't see any brown flowers or anything.

They were watering the flowers... Is that not enough of a hint?

They were watering the flowers... Is that not enough of a hint?

Well... What else would you do with the watering can?

I guess maybe I'm just being delusional, but the thought that maybe they're used to encourage flowers to spread/make hybrids as opposed to determining whether they live or die is not out the window.

I was thinking that, but obv gold tools will return, which will mean perfect town, which will mean golden watering can, which will mean flowers will die.

I was thinking that, but obv gold tools will return, which will mean perfect town, which will mean golden watering can, which will mean flowers will die.

What?

The perfect town goal was introduced long before WW added flowers dying. There are ways to get a perfect town without that.

Oh, I only ever played WW and I can't find the GC version anywhere, so I wouldn't know. Sorry

I still think watering cans are used to help flowers live... not make more hybrids. Has anyone ever heard of a magic watering can that makes hybrids? :/ And yes, it is disappointing that they brought back watering cans, but hey, at least it makes things a lot more realistic.

I still think watering cans are used to help flowers live... not make more hybrids. Has anyone ever heard of a magic watering can that makes hybrids? :/ And yes, it is disappointing that they brought back watering cans, but hey, at least it makes things a lot more realistic.

This is too realistic. It's just a pain in the butt.

The concept of the watering can being used to make hybrids is not too way out there. The flowers could live on their own, but if you wanted them to spread (and also create hybrids, if the requirements were met) you would have to water them.

Hey, watering isn't that bad... at least now that have that cool animation of water dripping off the leaves to look forward to! and hey, we survived Wild World and City Folk with watering flowers, and it wasn't that big of a deal at all. I'm more concerned about animal tracks. Do you think they'll have them?

Hi, I have never played the GameCube version* but have Wild World and City Folk, I know that the well has returned; so does that mean that we have to fill our Watering cans up every so often? Just another of my ideas...

(*I believe the GameCube Version had a well.):cool:

Hi, I have never played the GameCube version* but have Wild World and City Folk, I know that the well has returned; so does that mean that we have to fill our Watering cans up every so often? Just another of my ideas...

(*I believe the GameCube Version had a well.):cool:

same, I never played the GameCube version, if we do have to fill up our watering cans, it would be annoying...

GC version had wishing wells and no watering cans. The wishing well was like the town hall of WW. In other words, events were hosted there and you could find out how well your town was doing at the wishing well.

Where you required to fill watering cans up in CF?

GC version had wishing wells and no watering cans. The wishing well was like the town hall of WW. In other words, events were hosted there and you could find out how well your town was doing at the wishing well.

Where you required to fill watering cans up in CF?
nope

Back