• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Way to get villagers out of my town?

Link32

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I haved tried hitting them, putting them in holes, and refusing to help them. What do I do?

Ignore them. Literally don't speak to them at all. Not even if they ping you. They should move out within 10 days.

Neither ignoring nor befriending them makes them move faster :s

I tried ignoring and being cruel to Limberg for a long time, but it didn't work out. When I started to act more nice to him, he organically asked to move out the way a lot of my favorite villagers happen to do sometimes. There was also a thread on here about sending villagers furniture that they hate.

Really? It's the only way I've had my villagers move out. Though it is true that the higher friendship you have with them the more likely they are to ask to move.

Ignoring them is the best method, hands down. If you don't have much luck with it, then you're probably not doing something right.

Neither ignoring nor befriending them makes them move faster :s

FALSE!

Befriending villagers increases the chances of a villager asking to move out. Ignoring villagers works as well, as long as you haven't started any form of relationship with them.

Last edited:
Nah... I've been cycling through villagers and I'll talk to them every so often or do a favor here and there, but I don't go out of my way to befriend them and they still ask to leave. I did this with Stinky and he asked to leave a few in-game days after he moved in.

I didn't say not befriending them doesn't make them move. Befriending them increases the chances and number of times a villager asks to move.

If you say so... I've been getting 1 request per in-game day, on average, without doing so, though. If it's possible to get more than that by befriending them, cool, but you can only have one villager move out at a time anyway...

Edit: Actually my BFF's have asked to leave a lot less lately than my so-so friends/acquaintances have been.

Last edited:
Of course only one villager requests to move out per day. Being friends makes the frequency of requests higher. I guess you can claim this isn't true, but it's pretty much already been proven UwU

When I tried ignoring them (i.e. not even talking to them once) the villager pinged me to move and when I said "go ahead move" they said they were staying so we could try and become closer. It happened more than once in my case, but I'm not sure if it happens with all villagers. Just a heads up.

Of course only one villager requests to move out per day. Being friends makes the frequency of requests higher. I guess you can claim this isn't true, but it's pretty much already been proven UwU

Does talking to someone once or twice a day and not doing anything special for them (e.g. gifts, letters, favors) count as "befriending"? If so, then that would align with my own experiences. 6 out of 7 times though, the ones I talk to constantly have not asked to leave. Which is why I think it's more effective to have a balance for the ones you want to leave instead of ignoring them outright or trying to be BFFs. Maybe I just misunderstood what people meant by "befriend."

Well all I know is I found out about the ignoring trick as soon as pink-butted Cesar moved in, and he has yet to ask to move. Two others have in the meantime, though. :p Ones I have not ignored, but not really friended, either.

All your playable characters must have introduced themselves to the villager you want to move. Then ignoring them for a week and they should leave. No talking, playing games, delivering stuff to, ect contact with them at all.
Must be all characters. Most important the mayor.
I also had Isabella make them change their clothes twice. Idk if that helped. But I've had good luck with this.

Back