• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

We will be able to keep our data when we move to vB

Jeremy

Not an actual piece of furniture.
Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Island
Númenor
Fortunate Mushroom
Lily of the Valley
Golden Mushroom Lamp
Galaxy Cupcake
Rainbow Birthday Bouquet
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
The following data will be kept:

- Usernames
- Email Addresses
- Join dates
- Threads / posts with dates
- Some profile stuff like Location

NOT passwords. Right before we move, JeremyBot will PM you your temporary password. NOT PMs. But you will be able to login here to view them whenever. I will also keep PMing open for some time so you can PM me here if something went wrong while you were trying to login to the new forum, etc. Some threads with tens of thousands of posts may not transfer if they break JeremyBot. Not Bells; we are starting over with them.

Free name changes when we first move.

User IDs- I'm not sure. When I did a test, most of them were in the right order, but some were randomly misplaced. For example, Bulerias had ID #1, and I was in the two thousands.

We might lock most threads after we move so it still feels new and fresh. What do you think?

Also, the transfer takes about 3 days, so the final posts at TBT ZB will not be transferred. I'm not sure how soon we will move after the data transfer, but whatever is posted between then will obviously not move over.

Thanks to Shrimpkid of NSider2 for tipping me off on this method.

Cool news, Too bad I can't change my name (Someone else is called Josh without period).

And no posts transfer?
inb4someoneraging

Josh. said:
Cool news, Too bad I can't change my name (Someone else is called Josh without period).

And no posts transfer?
inb4someoneraging
Posts ARE transferring, lol. Do you mean PMs?

Maybe we will allow name changes of current names depending when they last logged in (it would have to be years and they'd have to not have many posts).... and that would probably cost more Bells, lol.

Jeremy said:
Josh. said:

And no posts transfer?
inb4someoneraging

Maybe we will allow name changes of current names depending when they last logged in (it would have to be years and they'd have to not have many posts).... and that would probably cost more Bells, lol.
Oh, :p

Anyway, I just found out that no one is called Josh anymore, Now I can change my name :D

Sounds good but I don't personally think that topics should be transferred over, but hey it's your site :p

Marcus said:
Sounds good but I don't personally think that topics should be transferred over, but hey it's your site :p
^^^

makes it more of a fresh start.

maybe all but the most active topics are moved + locked, while active ones/ones with more than X amount of posts/pages (within a certain time frame) = unlocked?.. eh.

cool beans to know that all this info isn't for naught.

D'aww, I wanted to have a member number in the top 200 or so. :p

Oh and in regards to:
Jeremy said:
Josh. said:

And no posts transfer?
inb4someoneraging

Would a member that has 8 posts and hasn't logged on in more than 2 years apply to this?

-Jack- said:
To be honest I kind if agree, I was sort of in favour of starting from scratch becauseafter all it is a brand new site.

Marcus said:
-Jack- said:
To be honest I kind if agree, I was sort of in favour of starting from scratch becauseafter all it is a brand new site.
i'm not sure and definitely don't speak for the admins, but i think they're trying to make the change as clean as possible, so that it feels like the change never happened to begin with.

otherwise we'd already be over there, i'm fairly certain.

Psychonaut said:
Marcus said:
-Jack- said:
i'm not sure and definitely don't speak for the admins, but i think they're trying to make the change as clean as possible, so that it feels like the change never happened to begin with.

Yeah you're right I think, I hear ya.
Anyway, on with the show!

Psychonaut said:
Marcus said:
-Jack- said:

Yeah you're right I think, I hear ya.
Anyway, on with the show!

Do you mean our actual post-count will be transferred?
Will the members who have never been on be deleted. That would seriously be better.

Back