• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Wear Paths, and Pattern Paths?

Dizzie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I've been having a bit of a time trying to get down a path I like without using up too many of my patterns. I made a secondary character to manage my paths but then it was just a hassle to jump back and forth when I had to rub away paths when harvesting stuff, or when I accidentally did it.

The wear paths are every which way right now, though I noticed the grass under my flower patch was bright and green when I began transplanting. So instead I am now lining my paths with flowers since I am fairly sure the grass is green because I've subconsciously trained myself not to stomp through flowers like a baby rhino on ecstasy.

Anyone else have ideas on this? On how to make nice natural pathing, or a nice single pattern that works well as paths?

(Also I am looking to get a butt load of sweet olive bushes if anyone is willing to help, I can help them gather a bunch of something too)

Last edited:
I made paths that looked good when tiled from all sides, but also looked good on their own.

I think the best one tile paths are ones with sides and edges. It's the same as like a two space path only smaller and cozier.

Personally, I am never really fond of using square-looking 1 tile patterns as a 1 tile path. To save space, you can try to create 2 tiles and alternate between them to create a 1 tile path. i'm not sure if the "squareness" doesn't bother you.

Example. I would alternate between the 1st and 3rd to create a single 1 tile path.
QRPATH22_zpsf678c120.jpg

I composed my own path style, it uses bricks and though it has grass on the edges it doesn't have enough grass that it looks weird when intersecting. So I use the <--- tile for <---, ---> and for <--v-->

I composed my own path style, it uses bricks and though it has grass on the edges it doesn't have enough grass that it looks weird when intersecting. So I use the <--- tile for <---, ---> and for <--v-->

This sounds very interesting. Do you have any screenshots of how your paths look?

I made my new path hoping to use one pattern but it looked a bit boring so now it's 4... I used to have an alternate character to hold path patterns but I needed the space their home took up haha. Here's screen shots of my new path and old.

This is what I currently use. As I said before, I originally only used brick pattern without the vines. The 4th pattern block isn't shown in this pic but it's just the stairway rotated CCW. I know a lot of people don't like the look of trying to imitate stairs but I do. :)
HNI_0012.JPG

And my old one!
HNI_0010.JPG

I find lining the paths with flowers (like you mentioned), trees or bushes makes it less obvious that there isn't a nice boarder around the paths.

Back