• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Weekend shenanigans

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
A lot of pictures here, so come on in!

It was a fairly uneventful weekend in Salem, which is really how I like it. Sahara visited on Saturday, although the carpet and wallpaper she gave me were ones I already had.

Etoile finished her long stay in the campground, allowing me to purchase all of the Kiki and Lala items from her RV. Chai has now come to stay for a few days, so I'll be adding the Cinnamoroll items to my catalog. Harv seems to be taking good care of her, which is only to be expected from a relative of Isabelle and Digby (don't tell me he isn't related!).

I decided to go tarantula hunting Friday night, since I need it for the museum still. I saw two, one of which ducked into the pear grove before I could get to it and the other bit me. Stupid black blob! I also saw two scorpions. Not being the smartest of mayors, I tried to catch them (hey, they're worth some bells!), and got stung both times. After that, I decided to take a little break.

View attachment 237108

I came across Roald sitting on the bench in the park, and he invited me to join him. His little feet disappear under him when he sits! Too cute. As for me, that tan really needs to fade. Hats and parasols from now on.

After I left Roald, I did a few more passes around town, but didn't find anything, so I turned in.

Saturday was a quiet day, with the only excitement being Sahara. I did get the campsite finished, which made me happy. Still want to plant a couple of trees up along the main path, but the site itself is all done.

View attachment 237109

This is from today, but I wanted to do a picture that has the tent. The river wraps around both sides, just off the edges of the picture. I decided to do cedar trees, red cosmos in and around (to go with the fire pit and tent), and a couple of 1-day bamboo cut down. That wide path goes back up to the main path, with The Roost right across the way. It's open and sunny, but still gives some privacy to campers.

I might take up some of the flowers later on, but running back and forth to plant trees and bamboo killed some of the grass.

Caught K.K. Slider's act Saturday night with Mathilda. He gave me a copy of To The Edge, so my collection grows.

Sunday was spent watering flowers, planting trees and bushes, and generally keeping the town looking nice. Joan was in town, but she was asking 107 bells for turnips, so I gave it a pass. I gave a couple of patterns to Isabelle for the fireworks, which made her happy.

I was found a blue table from shaking trees and mailed it to Hazel. Hopefully that'll get rid of the patchwork table she's been using. Once that's done, I'll send her a remade patchwork table in beige and her house will be done. I promise to snap a picture when that happens.

Before the show, I took a rest on the plaza. It was a nice day and the tree is so shady.

View attachment 237110

On a quick pass through town just before the show started, I came upon Kitt and Mathilda having a conversation.

View attachment 237111

Uhm, can I say something?

View attachment 237112

Actually, I'm kind of with you there, Kitt.

In my head, these two are siblings. Conversations like this only reinforce that belief for me. Don't worry, they made up any tiff there may have been by the time the fireworks started. I saw them standing together for much of it. Kitt had told me that she doesn't really like the noise, but the display is pretty enough to make up for it. I'd like to think that Mathilda was helping keep her little sister calm during the louder booms.

Attachments

• roald and me.jpg
    roald and me.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 9
  • campsite.jpg
    campsite.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
  • mayor.jpg
    mayor.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 8
  • mathilda and kitt.jpg
    mathilda and kitt.jpg