• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Well, that happened....

Iced_Holly

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I know I said I was going to list my planned residents in Hawthorn, but something happened that I need to talk about and unfortunately, the entry got too long and I had to split it in two parts.

You see, I have a confession to make. I actually... screwed something up a bit. See, today was the second day I've had my town. And usually I've been able to find Wisp so I can starting scanning in amiibos fairly quickly the second day. No such luck here. After a couple hours of searching, I theorized that the reason he wasn't showing up was because of the Fireworks festival that was supposed to happen later tonight.

To test this, even though I told myself I wouldn't, I ended up time traveling one day ahead, and lo and behold, Wisp showed up within ten seconds of me leaving the house. And I figured, since I already had the lamp and all, I might as well scan in my first planned resident, Bea, invite her to move in through the RV campsite, and travel back to the present day, where her plot would be in town, one day early. Then I could just scan in my second permanent villager, Cherry, tomorrow, like I had planned. (I did attempt to get her to move after I fixed the issue I will get into shortly, but again, the event going on today didn't allow that.)

DlixnxRVAAAQSJK.jpg

Thing is, this morning, while I was plot resetting to get a peppy to spam PWPs off of, since I don't have one as a planned resident for Hawthorn, I noticed there was a spot I missed when I was placing patterns yesterday to get villagers to plot where I want them to. And, I thought I had significantly covered it up when all was said and done... turns out I didn't. So, when I used the in-game clock to turn back time, rather than the 3DS's clock like I should have been doing, I wasn't really able to plot reset and as a direct result, Bea ended up plotting in the wrong space.

So, I had to scan in a few amiibos so I could kick her out, then get her to move back into the place I had planned for her. Thankfully, this time she plotted were she was supposed to;

DlixvqyU0AAtWg0.jpg

This was far more of a hassle than it really should have been. >_>

Yeah, it really sucks that something like this happened. That's what I get for cheating, I guess. Well, at least I managed to resolve the issue, thank goodness.

Back