• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What characters do you think are gonna be in the next Super Smash Bros.?

Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:
...another smash? Brawl wasn't as good as melee, I assume it'll continue to go downhill if they make another sequel.
Maybe to you, but most people (read: not tourneyfags) prefer Brawl. It has much more content, and is overall much more fun. (Of course the fun thing is an opinion, but if you ask most people (again, read: not tourneyfags), they'll tell you that Brawl is more fun. Things like Final Smashes, Assist Trophies, custom stages, and such make the experience a lot better.)
I have to disagree, both myself and my sister who never plays video games agree that Melee is better, simply because it had a more polished fighting system.

And when it comes to fighting games, little features don't make one, however nice they might, be, the controls do.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:
...another smash? Brawl wasn't as good as melee, I assume it'll continue to go downhill if they make another sequel.
Maybe to you, but most people (read: not tourneyfags) prefer Brawl. It has much more content, and is overall much more fun. (Of course the fun thing is an opinion, but if you ask most people (again, read: not tourneyfags), they'll tell you that Brawl is more fun. Things like Final Smashes, Assist Trophies, custom stages, and such make the experience a lot better.)
I have to disagree, both myself and my sister who never plays video games agree that Melee is better, simply because it had a more polished fighting system.

And when it comes to fighting games, little features don't make one, however nice they might, be, the controls do.
...What are you talking about?! The controls are exactly the same! In fact, you can completely customize the controls to suit your preferences, so you have no reason to complain about them! The only real differences in gameplay are that Brawl removes glitches such as Wavedashing, adds new techniques, modifies the physics a bit (such as being able to dodge in the air more than once), and playing a bit slower. Other than that, it's basically the same game with much more content.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:

...What are you talking about?! The controls are exactly the same! In fact, you can completely customize the controls to suit your preferences, so you have no reason to complain about them! The only real differences in gameplay are that Brawl removes glitches such as Wavedashing, adds new techniques, modifies the physics a bit (such as being able to dodge in the air more than once), and playing a bit slower. Other than that, it's basically the same game with much more content.
They seem the same perhaps, but they aren't. I've played Melee for a long time and changing to Brawl, they felt different, dunno why but they are, and I preferred the way Melee played.

So that's a reason why Melee was on top for me.

i want to see toad waluigi, toad, birdo, funky kong, baby daisy, baby mario, baby weegee, and baby peach

bigbadbomber said:
i want to see toad waluigi, toad, birdo, funky kong, baby daisy, baby mario, baby weegee, and baby peach
So you want Super Smash Bros. Kart Wii?

Tyeforce said:
Comatose said:
Tyeforce said:
Azila said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If by "pros" you mean tourneyfags "competitive players", then they're just going to say Melee because it's more competitive. All they care about is competitiveness, not content and fun.
I actually have to agree with Tye on this.
You say that like it's a bad thing... XD
Lol I was half asleep when I said that :p . I'm not sure which one everyone prefers. They both are fun. But Melee is fast. Brawl is.... well I don't know! D:

My cousin works for Nintendo, and he says that since Super Smash Brawl failed in comparison to Melee, there will be no next game in this series.

Silver Dragon said:
My cousin works for Nintendo, and he says that since Super Smash Brawl failed in comparison to Melee, there will be no next game in this series.
Haha, nice try.

Silver Dragon said:
Strange, my fail detector keeps beeping out of control when it points to you.

Silver Dragon said:
I doubt you have a cousin who works there. It is possible for them NOT to have another, but it also is possible.

HeartGold said:
Silver Dragon said:

Kid Icarus said:
HeartGold said:
Silver Dragon said:
Wow, really?

Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:
Lol, I actually prefer brawl over melee too, solely for the wifi, even though it sucks...

Back