• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

Did some afternoon diving and caught the red king crab AND THE SEA PIG WOOT! My reasoning was if I went diving in the afternoon (4-5 p.m.) instead of evening or night, I'd at least be able to rule out spiny lobsters.

I'm working on finding both a third ray so I can get the model, and some old tires so I can craft a land rover.

Dom has moved in and will be walking about tomorrow morning. Will bother the heck out of him just to see all those expressions he has. Today I did my usual shroom picking and an hour of balloon farming. Got a Mush Low Stool which I'm excited to have. I've yet to test out whether it's possible to place anything on it. Another great thing has happened as well. I finally received Tasha's photo after months of her living here. I love her and her house interior is the best, but I kind of want some new faces to meet. Hopefully I see her again someday.

Got rid of half a cliff to make a huge area for my second character.

Turned out nice!

• checked the mail ( received letter from Monique and my bronze trophy for the fishing tourney )
  • watered my red roses and my orange tulips ( still no blue roses or purple tulips T^T )
  • its 10/12 in my game so its Lyman's bday today!! ~gifted him a football tee ( in yellow wrapped with light blue wrapping paper ) and Cyd was also there to help celebrate!
  • went around gifting the rest of my villagers presents as well ( received a photo from Filbert and Monique today, double win! )
  • checked my island for any visiting NPCs ( sahara is in town, bought all available rugs, wallpapers, and flooring )
  • ran along my beaches collecting shells and looking for bottled diy ( it was another bamboo candleholder recipe x-x )
  • checked nook's for new items ( nothing new )
  • bought lots of clothes I didn't already have at able's
  • went diving for scallop and Pascal ( traded me mermaid shoes for a scallop, finally anything other than pearls )
  • dug up fossils and got them accessed to make up for the bells I spent on my shopping spree at able's earlier
  • ended my day working on trying to move my house and thinking about which villagers to start cycling out for new ones

I didn't get much done on my island while I was hopping islands, but I did finish my fossil museum!

I finally got my living room to a state where I’m happy with it. Well, at least until spring comes back around tans then I’ll redecorate it in a spring / summer theme.

• Didn't buy turnips, 'cause Daisy Mae was selling them for 108 Bells, and I didn't feel like searching Reddit for someone who had her selling them for 90 Bells... (Plus, I got enough money in the bank from selling turnips for a fortune last week, so I should be good for a while~)
  • Talked Paolo into moving out
  • Finally got the shell partition DIY recipe (from Reneigh ♥)
  • Began redoing the layout of my island
  • Had multiple villagers try to sell me something in the span of an hour...
  • Managed to get several mushroom DIY recipes from popping balloons

i got to decorate my entrance and build a new zen bridge and get some hybrids :) its making me excited to see things finally coming along hehe

• the usual daily grind; took me a little longer to find gifts for everyone today though
  • found my first elegant mushroom! i had no idea they even existed until i grabbed it up
  • made my first hyacinth lamp! finally have enough purple hyacinths to make some~
  • moved opal's house to her permanent location until i get her picture at least and started decorating
  • cleaned up some more of my weeds; they're really starting to get out of hand because i've been lazy with their upkeep
  • started thinking about doorplates for the villagers that have nothing displayed

I've finished work on my tea house and the character's apartment upstairs ~ I'm not feeling like starting any new projects on my island for a bit now apart from loosely playing around with path patterns ~ ☺️🍵

I reached a million nook miles
nook miles.jpg

today and for the past week:
finally got around to decorating my island representative's house! There are two outdoor, non-beach areas left to be decorated (the campsite and the forced-perspective train station) and I've been putting them off for at least a week so I decided to start decorating the house interior in the meantime. Finished the kitchen a few days ago - it was the easiest since its just walnut ironwood furniture with some kitchen appliances here and there. Did the study next, and even with the desk, shelves, and piano there's still an empty corner that I'll have to figure out what to do with. The upstairs bedroom was already furnished with the antique furniture set, so I pushed them a little to the side to add a bathroom, as well as a sitting area that I decorated with tea, a candle, and some sewing supplies. Today I worked on the living room which is pretty simple so far - TV, sofa, fireplace, etc. Going to need to figure out how to make the middle area look more busy. The basement is still my turnip farm so I don't feel any need to add to it at the moment, leaving just the room to the right. I can't think of anything else to add to the house so I'm going to turn it into a patio and fill it with outdoorsy things.

Cleaned up flowers from the rain. Wondered whether November acts as a second rainy season due to the sudden increase in rain.

Burned through a list of dream addresses I had collected to go visit. One was this cool desert with a village/merchant area, an oasis and a trashy abandoned-looking area on the other side of the desert. Visited a lot of "trashcore" ie run-down urban islands, look it up. It's a neat concept because it uses all those "ugly" items like oil barrels and stuff to their greatest potential. Definitely a change of pace from the usual styles.

• Finally cleaned up all the extra, unnecessary flowers (that I had literally everywhere) to make room for my island's new layout
  • Finished outlining the paths I wanted all around the plaza
  • Sold all of my saved-up fish to C.J.
  • Did my daily rounds of gathering all the materials on my island
  • Terraformed 3 different moon-shaped ponds 🌙💕

I made some trades for more hybrid flowers which will help me so much for my new islands. I grew some pumpkins. And I did a villager trade. 😊

I finally had a good amount of time today to play so I spent some time terraforming around my shopping area. Spent some time getting mushroom DIY’s I think I have most of them . I think I still need three. Checked shops , gave villagers gifts. Going to be diving for the new sea creatures.

I found Mitzi on the first try today while villager hunting!! Though the one I was really looking for was Raymond, but as soon as I saw Mitzi I just couldn’t let her go by.. especially as I only had a few hours to hunt today. She’s the very first cat I’ve seen and I love cat villagers! Tomorrow I’m going hunting again and I hope I find Raymond, wish me luck!

Back