Freshly Delivered Starlight
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1692-6891-8404
New Horizons Token
What does everyone think of the roles for the NPCs? Some have been confirmed already while some we haven't even seen yet. What do you think the role of each NPC will be?

Isabelle - Working at the town hall building
Tom Nook - Working from the very start and then later at the hall
Resetti - Rescue services
Blathers - working in a tent then upgrading to museum. Finally able to blather again!
Mable & Sable - Clothing store
C.J. - Fishing tournament
Daisy Mae - Turnips!
Flick - Bug Tournaments (Not sure if that's 100% confirmed)
Gulliver - Yet again seen sleeping on the beach!
Saharah - Seen walking around and apparently has the same job as last time
Harvey - Photopia Isle!
Kicks - Shoes, socks, and purses!

Event NPCs (safe to assume all will be available at some point, relevant to their respective events):
Pave
Franklin
Jack
Jingle
Zipper T. Bunny

Vllager we have seen but haven't been given much info on:
K.K. Slider - seen him around but no role confirmed. His music was seen so safe to assume he will be playing again
Celeste - seen giving you the wand for clothing.
Wisp - Seen around the Island but no role confirmed
Label - Seen near town hall, had a Gracie ribbon on her bag

NPC's that haven't been seen at all (Correct me if I'm wrong):
Gracie - Curious if we're going to get her shop again
Leif - Since this is an island and we get loads of weeds around, perhaps he'll have his own shop too? Or at least visit the town at some point
Luna - Dream Suite. It would be nice to see her again since we'd be able to visit other towns in our dreams again!
Wendell - Patterns in the dreams! It'd be nice to see him again
Brewster - Part time coffee job would be nice to see again
Nat - Replaced by Flick?
Chip - Replaced by C.J.?
Joan - Replaced by Daisy Mae?
Harriet - Can we change our hair through items or will she make an appearance and allow us to unlock more hairstyles?
Pascal - No confirmation of swimming or diving.
Pelly and Phyllis - no Post office sightings
Pete - Will we still be able to see him early mornings or late afternoons when he delivers the post?
Cyrus and Reese - craft-able furniture and items to refurbishing could mean they're no longer here.
Digby - Saw some HHA letters in a screenshot so hopefully he'll be back along with Lyle
Dr. Shrunk - Villagers are confirmed to give us emotes but will he keep club LOL?
Redd - No area for art pieces in the museum. Perhaps he will have his own little area?
Tortimer - No signs of him.
Kapp'n - With Dodo airlines, will he be replaced?
Katie - Is she still going to be a lost villager you need to guide either back to her mother or someone you need to send away to another Island
Katrina - no signs of her yet
Copper and Booker - No signs

What do you think? Do you wish to see any NPCs return? What jobs would you give them on the island?

Last edited:
Oh god never thought the list of unseen NPCs is this long xD I really like reed so I guess it would be neat to see him again? Maybe they don't want a black market anymore in their game :p I also really like Tortimer. He guided us in the first AC. I can life with the other NPCs cut! I only want Luna back because of the dream suite xD

Brewster is one of my fav npcs for sure, I hope hes back <3
Also my theory is that Label has kinda replaced Gracie? The new fashion designer character possibly?

Oh god never thought the list of unseen NPCs is this long xD I really like reed so I guess it would be neat to see him again? Maybe they don't want a black market anymore in their game :p I also really like Tortimer. He guided us in the first AC. I can life with the other NPCs cut! I only want Luna back because of the dream suite xD

I Didn't realise it was that long either actually. Only noticed it when I went through them all. I liked his visits so I'd love to see him again but it would make sense if they didn't want a black market anymore. Oh same I wish we could visit people's island again!

Brewster is one of my fav npcs for sure, I hope hes back <3
Also my theory is that Label has kinda replaced Gracie? The new fashion designer character possibly?

Ooooh Label replacing Gracie would be neat. Maybe there would be a photo we can get of Grace and Label together so that there's still some sign of Gracie

Resetti just resets you this time haha ꉂ (˃̶᷄‧̫ॢ ˂̶᷅๑ ) www

I don’t really like CJ’s and Flick’s design.

I wish they kept Nat and Chip. Well, maybe they’re still in the game.
I especially prefer Nat over Flick. I love the way his eyes darted around and how he was dressed in an explorer’s outfit. Just seems more fitting for a bug tourney.

Maybe they’ll grow on me, idk what their dialogue is like.

I don’t really like CJ’s and Flick’s design.

I wish they kept Nat and Chip. Well, maybe they’re still in the game.
I especially prefer Nat over Flick. I love the way his eyes darted around and how he was dressed in an explorer’s outfit. Just seems more fitting for a bug tourney.

Maybe they’ll grow on me, idk what their dialogue is like.

I getcha. I like their designs and I'm looking forward to meeting them. Will miss the old ones though even if I never participated in the tournaments much.

i like that they made some new ones, daisy mae is my favourite of all of them. while it's sad that not everyone will be returning it also is kind of good because if their purpose is obsolete it would just feel forced if they were still in the game. maybe you can get some of them, like reese and cyrus, them to visit through amiibos at some point.

i really do hope we get the functionalities some of these npcs brought, like a dream suite and gracie's exclusive shop.

i think shrunk is pretty much confirmed that he won't be in the game since you learn reactions and emotions from villagers now, thus making him unnecessary. i'm not sad about this because i personally never liked him but i guess nostalgic people would feel sad about him not being in the game.

You forgot some (which I completely understand, no way would I be able to remember everyone lol). Copper and Booker, at least.

I would be really sad if Booker didn't return because he reminds me of my first English bulldog who passed away years ago. I would be kind of surprised if the police station wasn't in the game, though, so I'm not as worried about them as I am ones that have already had their roles replaced.

You forgot some (which I completely understand, no way would I be able to remember everyone lol). Copper and Booker, at least.

I would be really sad if Booker didn't return because he reminds me of my first English bulldog who passed away years ago. I would be kind of surprised if the police station wasn't in the game, though, so I'm not as worried about them as I am ones that have already had their roles replaced.

Oh I know I forgot quite a few but even looking it up didn't help. But yeah it'd make sense for there to be a pwp of a police station. They can still do lost and found and maybe set up ordinances there

i was expecting new npcs like the dodo dudes but im a bit shook they actually replaced older npcs instead of adding more new things for new npcs you know? the switch animal crossing was always gonna be a big new chapter in the series so i thought that maybe they'd keep everyone and just add more things for new additions but. very interesting. i'm not disappointed in any of the new npcs, but i hope we don't have to actually say bye to a few of the older ones like Dr. Shrunk or Nat/Chip, like maybe they'll just show up on the island on vacation and give us something. It's also a bit saddening that Reese and Cyrus only showed up for one main-line game and then kinda died out over time, like they got amiibo figures and everything and now there's no sign of them in acnh. typing this comment has made me realize we don't have all that much information on npcs so i guess i don't really think anything of the npc roles now because we don't know all of them.

We need the flea market system from New Leaf to return. That was a fast money maker due to villagers paying good money for fossils. We may not have seen the last of Reese and Cyrus

Last edited:
Not worried about it. I'm sure pretty much everyone will return in some role. Even if they're not in the game as a default, they'll likely get added later via updates. Nintendo knows we enjoy interactions with the NPCs.

I forgot about flea markets! I'd love to have them again. Maybe once a month we have a weekend event. Reese comes in on Saturdays and Cyrus comes in on Sundays. They let us set up little market boxes like in PC except it's to trade with other villagers? Not likely to have a two day thing once a month but still a fun idea!

I kinda wanted them to have altered roles, especially if there is a replacement of them already. Like if Nat came by the town I'd want to be able to compete in challenges and unlock recipes for upgrades net or items you can craft with fish (Like aquariums, fishing bowls, sea shell items!)

I honestly think that over time we will see every single character make an appearance. Remember guys, the game will get regular added content and DLC.

At least I hope all the characters make an appearance.

Back