• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What features from HHP carry over to your island?

Jinglefruit

The black-nosed Reindeer
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Green Christmas Stocking
Jingle
Jingle Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Is there anywhere confirming exactly what new features we get.

So far we know we can bring over remodelling villager houses, and partition walls/counters/pillars, and unlocking furniture, but there's more going on in this update that I think would be cool to carry over too. And a lot hasn't been confirmed. This is all speculation, and I don't think any of this is likely, but imagine for a second...

There's now options to have up to a 10x10 space room. Can we make our houses bigger again? It seems taunting to see it's possible and not have it for yourself?
We know we can remodel villager houses, but did it confirm we can expand them? What happens if you expand a villagers house and then let them move to someone elses town? Do they take a larger house with them?
There's new floor types / biomes in HHP, could we unlock these for terraforming as paths? We saw square grass (and different cliff colours?) on a mystery island too, is there going to be new island types coming down the line?
We can redecorate the exteriors of the buildings in HHP, and we know we have more house options... can we remodel the town hall like we could in New Leaf? Or any other buildings, like repainting the airport which we know has options?
We saw cliff vines/ladders to decorate the cliffs, but the HHP area has steps on the little beach inclines which would be a great transition to a beach deck too.
And lastly...
Roommates! Can we have 2 villagers per house in our main town (after a remodel I guess?). Can I have 20 villagers? I need to know!

Anyone else got any speculations here? Do we think maybe things like these might come in "minor updates" down the line?

Last edited:
Counters, partition walls, columns, ambient lighting, and soundscapes carry over. Those were specifically mentioned by a combination of the Direct and info Eurogamer got from Nintendo directly. You can see them put in the player's normal house in the Direct. We probably can do these things with villagers' houses on our own islands as well.

I am assuming we don't get to make our house or the villagers' houses bigger, that those larger sizes will be exclusive to buildings on the HHP archipelago, but I could be wrong on that. I've also seen zero indication that we will get any of those other things that you mentioned either. I personally always think it's best to assume no on things like these and be proven happily wrong, than to hype yourself up with expectations and then be disappointed with something that was never even promised, but was just assumptions. Don't get me wrong though - I'd love to have those things you're talking about!

The following can be done on the main island once unlocked:
  • Counters
  • Partition walls
  • Columns
  • Ambient lighting
  • Soundscapes
  • Polishing furniture
  • Remodeling residents interiors (and exteriors, potentially)
  • Any new furniture item added with the DLC appears to be purchasable with Poki can be used on your main island.

Ah yes, the polishing furniture! I forgot about that. All polishing furniture seems to do right now is add certain animations to it. I am curious if the game will tell us what the polishing animation does for a particular piece of furniture, or if we'll have to just polish it and find out.

See I thought some of this yesterday and was like... I shouldn't even consider this, it'll never happen. And then I realised that actually it really will never happen if I don't project the ideas out there and maybe this will snowball to a point that Nintendo will realise that people want this!

Honestly I expect these sorts of things may come in the next AC game 18 months after it releases rather than an update to NH. But do remember the only thing preventing us from having these features in ACNH is Nintendos decision makers and modders not getting their hands on the code yet.

I noticed the square grass too, I still really want circle grass...
I also think it's confirmed that we can expand our homes on our island as part of the "improved construction" thing they mentioned, but yeah it's pretty unclear. I would hope most of these things carry over to our own island.

It’s not possible to do room adjustments for villagers homes at least, that was confirmed in the direct (text at bottom left). It’s pretty ambiguous about our own home but I doubt it will be available. Perhaps they think that if we could adjust our home sizes at will, it wouldn‘t make sense to pay off Nook’s expansion loans.
View attachment 404363
Quote from another thread - and larger version of the image
1634449870878.png

This deconfirms one aspect. Which honestly seems like a really weird choice. Would love to know the reasoning behind this decision.

Quote from another thread - and larger version of the image
View attachment 404381

This deconfirms one aspect. Which honestly seems like a really weird choice. Would love to know the reasoning behind this decision.

I realised this last night and it made me so sad. I guess it's because they want the villager house size fixed for whatever reason, maybe spacing for the island? But I feel like given New Horizons is a game about all about customisation they would give us this freedom. I'd understand if they didn't let you do roommates on your main island, but I would like the option to choose if my villagers could have bigger houses or not. Maybe if enough people ask for it they could patch it in? They clearly do listen.

Back