• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What is the quickest you have managed to get a villagers picture,

I think it just depends on the villager. I treat mine all the same: I send letters and a gift daily, I run errands, I accept invites to hang out and I talk to them whenever I see them. I got Willow's picture a few weeks after we met, but it took almost six months to get Freya's.

I feel like jocks are the easiest to befriend and give out their pictures quickest, but could just be me. Sending letters to villagers surely speeds up the process of obtaining their pic.

I ended up randomly getting Molly's Pic after doing a signature quest for her. I never really even talked to her THAT much. At this point, I had my town for 2 weeks. The picture obtaining process is really random and inconsistent from my experiences.

If you're alright with time travelling, the quickest way by far would be to TT to April Fool's Day and do the event with Blanca.

If you're not, well, it'll take time, and it's completely random. I've only ever gotten two pictures in New Leaf in the two years that I've owned the game (outside of April Fool's, of course).

I treat mine all the same (send letters with gifts, do errands for them, etc) and so far I have six out of ten. I'm still missing Diana and Olivia, who are both snooty so that might be the reason, as well as Molly (who is my tenth move in and I'm not sure that has anything to do with it, but I also have Tia - another normal - and I got her picture a long time ago) and finally Goose. I have almost every PWP suggestion; the ones I'm missing are all jock ones, so I'm guessing that my friendship with Goose isn't high enough.

The only advice I can give is; do everything they ask you to (buy whatever item they are selling, catch whatever insect/fish they want, and such), give them perfect fruit when possible and actually show up when you are supposed to be at their house at a specific time (which - I admit - I tend to skip because I just forget each time, ha ha).

Chief is my favorite villager, I've had him for almost a year and I still don't have his picture. I missed it at April Fools Day but thought ah I'll get it soon and I still haven't got it. I do everything for this wolf, I only give him perfect fruits, I do all of his deliveries, I give him whatever I have in my pockets, he keeps playing hard to get with me!!!

I received Antonio's the fastest (about a week and a half after he moved in) because I think the friendship level already was on a good route because I invited him to move in while he was at the campsite.

The normals are really easy to befriend (I have about 6 pics of Vesta in my saved mailbox), while I find the crankies take the longest. I love when they warm up to you! :D

Just write a lot of letters with presents attached, give them perfect fruit, and give them rare bugs/fish when they ask.

i once got a picture after returning a lost item to one of my villagers. this villager and i have had a good friendship previously, but it did surprised me that you can also get pictures that way. it was also the fastest way i ever got a picture.

as for advice, i'd suggest the following thing: fulfill any errand your villager gives you, send letters (preferably with gifts attached!) daily, give them perfect fruit when they're hungry, help them with signature petitions, give them rare fish/bugs, arrive at their house on time when they invite you and help them find their lost items.

i've been making the attempt to get pictures of my first nine villagers, and thanks to all of these tricks, i have four out of nine of them so far.

normal, lazy and jock villagers are typically the easiest to befriend, while snooty and cranky villagers are the hardest. but that varies to different players, since i don't have pictures from a normal, lazy and jock villager, while i already have pictures from a snooty and cranky villager.

i hope these tricks help you with getting pictures!! ;u;

Last edited:
Hmm, after all the talking and tasking doing for awhile and being friendly, they might ask you to gather some signatures for their petition or when they're sick, you give them medicine until they become better or if you give them their first perfect fruit when they asked for a normal type fruit that might all help to get villager pics a bit faster then having them move out and then send you one in the mail, they would have handed you their pic instead, good luck!

For some reason I got Ruby's picture really quickly. She requested a lot of things from me and I filled them all. I always let her visit and I sent loads of letters with presents cause I wanted her to get rid of her moon (she still hasn't).

another thing that speeds up the process is, if they ask for furniture, give them refurbished furniture! c:

Well besides April Fools Day, I usually talk to them and send presents. I've also visited them every day they're sick and talked to them a bunch (even though it's the same dialog :/ )

another thing that speeds up the process is, if they ask for furniture, give them refurbished furniture! c:

Really? Huh, I didn't know this. I've been trying to get a ew photos lately and they're taking forever. I'll have to try this! Thanks for the tip.

I just TT to April fools day and thats when you have a chance at getting all your villagers pictures.

i gave queenie her favorite birthday present and next day, her picture came in the mail. i didnt even expected it. that was the quickest way i did without knowing i could get a picture lol

These are all helpful, I started just a few days ago a new town with the purpose of keeping whomever showed until I got all the pictures but aim not caring much for who I have, aside Portia..once I get the picture am planning to let that one go and so forth.

Back