• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What would you think about if Nintendo released DLC in Animal Crossing 3DS

XenoVII

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
User Title Color Change
I think Nintendo should just finalize everything and release the game this summer and release DLC to keep everything fresh. They can use DLC for things like:
- upgrades and special parts (like parts to get for designing your house)
- special clothing (like the stuff I mentioned in an earlier thread)
- Nintendo items (like the items they released in City Folk)
Even if I emailed Nintendo your ideas, they would most likely be DLC (I only have NOA's email. I have to get NOJ's email and from there get big corporates' emails) (NOA - Nintendo of America NOJ - Nintendo of Japan)

I would love DLC for AC3DS! I'm sure that they would do it because there would definitely be enough storage for it. My question (since I've never played City Folk): Is DLC free or do you have to pay money for it?

I wouldn't buy DLC if it cost money but if it was free I'd be all for it.

ACCF DLC is free, but I'm not sure what they plan to do with 3ds. I'm with you, though, I won't pay for it.

I really don't want them to make paid DLC, that would kinda ruin my experience (Stuff like that make the game seem incomplete to me...)

I really don't want them to make paid DLC, that would kinda ruin my experience (Stuff like that make the game seem incomplete to me...)

I doubt they will.
but anything is possible

I'm thinking they will not be able to charge for DLC if it remains the same as it is in ACCF. If they did, they would have to remove the catalog system or make the paid DLC unpurchasable, in which case, why have it at all?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. I could be wrong.

Releasing the game with half the intended content wouldn't be very smart since a good chunk of players do not have internet/can't get it to work!

but if it's the little knick-knacks and other furniture like the DLC in City Folk, then that's fine.

The thing is, is that i just don't want to have to pay extra for DLC but like you guys said, they probably wouldn't do that

Nintendo has mentioned on a few occasions involving 3DS games and DLC, that they plan on adding a fee to DLC for certain games.
Don't rule out everything because they've been so generous in the past. That being said, I completely, 100% expect DLC with a fee, unless it's a Nintendo Event. Wouldn't buy any, though. But I expect it.

Releasing the game with half the intended content wouldn't be very smart.

Mass Effect 3 proved your point 100%.

Last edited:
If they do decide to do DLC I hope they take advantage of the AR and QR capabilities the 3DS has, Like the eReader cards from the first AC. It would be nice to scan a card with your 3DS camera and play a mini AR game that unlocks an item in game or have the cards unlock a special event, pattern, or maybe a Secret K.K. song.

img.php

Imagine scanning this with your 3DS and have something unlock in game. I'm sure Nintendo is playing around with the possibilities.

Attachments

• AnimalCrossing-e.jpg
    AnimalCrossing-e.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 12
I heard some where that they're bringing a lot of features from Doubutsu no Mori e+ to Animal Crossing 3DS, something have already been shown, such as outdoor furniture!. So there's a good possibility that may happen.

I need a job at Nintendo. Here are good reasons:
- I've read so many forums, reviews, rants, etc. and I also have many ideas
- Things would get announced and localized faster
- It would be one of my dreams come true
- I would love to partner up with some of my other favorite companies
- I need money

I need a job at Nintendo.

Which Nintendo? There is NCL, Nintendo of America, Nintendo of Canada, AU, EU, UK, etc etc.

The head offices would be NCL, which is in Japan, and where the actual good Nintendo games come from. NOA gets a lot of the.. crap, in my opinion. Probably the same with the other branches. and the reason for the lack of announcements and localization is money. You want to reel people in all at once with your product, and have them hurry to get it. If you announce everything off that bat and then have people wait over a year for it, it's going to attract less attention due to the amount of information on it.

But if you release bits at a time, leave it vague. That makes people interested.. but as jobs go, I probably wouldn't like to work for Nintendo itself.

I think I remember Iwata saying that Nintendo wouldn't charge for DLC, they want to make the full game.
So new stuff or add-ons (Or however is called, heh) would be small stuff and most likely free.
I think the new Fire Emblem is having DLC too?

I think I remember Iwata saying that Nintendo wouldn't charge for DLC, they want to make the full game.
So new stuff or add-ons (Or however is called, heh) would be small stuff and most likely free.
I think the new Fire Emblem is having DLC too?

They won't charge extra for unlocking in-game content. Which means everything that is in the game to start off with will be in the game from the get go. But it was also said that anything extra, that wasn't included with the game, will have to be bought separate.

They won't charge extra for unlocking in-game content. Which means everything that is in the game to start off with will be in the game from the get go. But it was also said that anything extra, that wasn't included with the game, will have to be bought separate.

I'm pretty sure he just said he doesn't want to charge players extra for DLC so we may see a nice amount of free things, or really cheap. Iwata is a nice guy!

I'm pretty sure he just said he doesn't want to charge players extra for DLC so we may see a nice amount of free things, or really cheap. Iwata is a nice guy!

Yeah, I just read with him being the one saying it. Whereas what I read was Reggie saying it. So hopefully the DLC will come free or cheap. I personally wouldn't mind paying 99 cents for DLC if having it free were out of the question. But anything higher.. not so much.

Back