• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Whats one of the dumbest arguments you've overheard or seen?

Chronos314_XD

Most Likely to Die First in a Horror Movie
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Share your story about one of the dumbest arguments you've seen, can either be in real life or online. Doesn't matter if you were in the argument, or were listening in on the sidelines.

Last edited:
I had a school project about making an opposing argument. Two other students would argue against you. It could be any topic.

So I gave a presentation about why society should go back to 1950 and why women shouldn't be allowed in the workforce. In front of my teacher who was a woman.

I was absolutely joking. Basically I didn't feel like public speaking that week so I was coping through humor.

My teacher got a laugh out of it. My classmates had an easy time opposing me. I got an A for the speaking part and an F for my actual ability to argue.

(how does one make a viable argument with a topic that isn't viable)? I dunno. I could be the world's greatest debator but I set up something so absurd and stupid that I backed myself into a wall there. Especially because it didn't represent my real thoughts.

So when I was actually opposed I kinda had trouble even staying in character.

“Jesus predates everything! Even the Ancient Greeks and dinosaurs.” That was actually said on live television on The View by Sherri Sheppard and you can see the look on Whoopi Goldberg’s face that she really wanted to b**** slap Sherri so badly

A woman suddenly tried to turn left with no turn signal from the right lane on a two lane street and i ended up hitting her car because I couldn’t stop in time and I couldn’t go to the left because then I’d hit the sidewalk and end up in a parking lot and damage even more cars. She then repeatedly apologizing to me saying she didn’t see me and how she had just bought her car. Well the next day when I sent in my claim to the insurance office, they said this stupid woman was blaming me and said it was my fault. Her excuse to them was she thought she was in a “turning lane” even though the road was clearly marked and divided into two. I knew it wasn’t and what she didn’t know was I had video footage of the accident on my rear view mirror’s dash camera and it even recorded the lady apologizing to me over and over again. The footage also showed how I was at a red light that just turned green while on a hill and I had barely moved from the light while the woman was two car lengths in front of me when she suddenly started to go left without any warning. Even after the insurance informed her that I had evidence that the accident wasn’t my fault, she tried to argue that it was. I think she eventually stopped once she realized if she tried to take me to court, everyone in the room would just need to see the video to see that she was at fault and that she could never win against me.

Back