What's your favorite video game slime monster?

.: Meri :.

bon anniversaire!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1708-1067-1998
Island
Lostglade
Final Boss Heart Balloon
Red Heart Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Yellow Heart Balloon
Green Heart Balloon
Cyan Heart Balloon
Blue Heart Balloon
Purple Heart Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
slimerancher.png
dragonquest.png
minecraftslime.png
ditto.jpg
rfslime.jpg

A staple design across genres, it's occurred to me that very many games have their own take on the slime monster! While their appearance is usually simplistic, they're also often equally charming, and some have even risen to the ranks of iconic series mascots. It further amazes me how different all these little blobs can look from each other!

If you too have seen your share of slimes, which are your favorites, and why? You are, of course, not limited to just the slimes depicted above—there's far more out there than just these little guys!

I love any slime with a "no thoughts, head empty" smile that I can tame and raise, but special points go to Slime Rancher's tabby slime for smoothly combining the charm of both slimes and cats into one boopable blob.
I do also love metal slimes in Dragon Quest... but for a far more sinister reason. ⚔️

The pictured slimes' origins, from left to right: Slime Rancher, Dragon Quest, Minecraft, Pokémon, Rune Factory

The only slime that I’m familiar with atm is ditto. I hereby confess that I am a ditto fan ✋; I love its derpy face so much. ☺️

ditto-cute-book-transform-pokemon-anime-kbmdodax2k5k1rle.gif

I got half a box full of dittos and 1/3 of another box full of dittos 😅. There is a reason ofc: I trade dittos on pokemon home 🙂. Before I found out about Pokemon home trading and how many people want ditto, I was probably going to keep all the dittos I caught in tera raids at least until I needed more box space.
IMG_8070.jpeg

IMG_8071.jpeg

My trainer with some of my dittos :D. The shiny one and one of the regular ones I’m keeping; I got a foreign ditto from a friend ☺️.

The Slime from Dragon Quest easily. When I think slime monster I think of it. All of the variations of the slime are great. The heal slimes, metal slimes, and king slimes are definitely my favorite variants other than the standard one.

Also Jack Frost from Shin Megani Tensei. Its design is so appealing and yet it gets overlooked most of the time.

The Slime from Dragon Quest easily. When I think slime monster I think of it. All of the variations of the slime are great. The heal slimes, metal slimes, and king slimes are definitely my favorite variants other than the standard one.

Also Jack Frost from Shin Megani Tensei. Its design is so appealing and yet it gets overlooked most of the time.

I love Jack Frost too! I didn’t know it was a slime, though. I thought it was just a demon or shadow shaped like a snow man. I googled it and that is what google says. Did I miss something in the games that said it was a slime? I’m not too far in SMTV.

Ooo I love them all! I do love Ditto and pretty much all the other round blob pokemon. Chuchus from totk are also very cute! But I think my favourite are the slimes from genshin, especially the dendro, anemo and hydro slimes! They're so cute 😭

I love Jack Frost too! I didn’t know it was a slime, though. I thought it was just a demon or shadow shaped like a snow man. I googled it and that is what google says. Did I miss something in the games that said it was a slime? I’m not too far in SMTV.
Oh I just noticed I wrote my original message weird. Jack Frost from SMT and the Slime from Dragon Quest are different. I was just listing my two favorite game mascots.

latest
Ooo I love them all! I do love Ditto and pretty much all the other round blob pokemon. Chuchus from totk are also very cute! But I think my favourite are the slimes from genshin, especially the dendro, anemo and hydro slimes! They're so cute 😭

Oh I forgot about those! They are really cute! :D Thank you for the reminder (I need to make more time to play more genshin; not enough time to do everything I want 😭).

Amazon is selling some plushies of them 👀! I might have to get one for Christmas or some time?

1722716707877.jpeg

In game I think my favorite might be the anemo ones since they have little wings and fly around. Though, Idk so hard to pick. I love all their designs.

IMG_8075.jpeg

I like the electro one because of its colors; I love purple :D.
IMG_8076.jpeg

For me, it's a tie between Ditto and the Slimes from Dragon Quest. Ditto because a Pokemon transforming into other Pokemon is super cool. Slimes from Dragon Quest because they look great and come in different forms and sizes!

Back