• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When hinges creak in doorless chambers....

2kimi2furious

Sleepy Bear
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Ancient Candle
Jack
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Did you guess what Gracey meant? I'll give you one more hint:

View attachment 237659

I'm basing my new town off of Disney's Haunted Mansion!!!!

It's my very favorite ride and I'm kind of obsessed with it (I have books and memorabilia in my house and my lanyard for work is the wallpaper pattern with a Madame Leota pin on it). I had been wanting to do something like this for quite a while and I just got hit with a jolt of inspiration while reading a book. It was not a book about the Haunted Mansion, but it is a book about a different haunted mansion, lol.

I went out and bought my second game copy after work yesterday, but I wasn't able to play because I had too much wine while waiting for my husband to bring me dinner, lol. In fact, I played a little in Fujimori last night and did my dailies, but was a little drunk and accidentally placed a new PWP in the wrong spot so I had to cancel it and I got nothing of importance done. I do not have work tomorrow and I don't THINK I have much to do other than laundry and the dishes, so hopefully I can play a lot. We'll see.

Mayor William Gracey (William)
  • He will have the largest house in town.
  • His main entrance will be reminiscent of the foyer of the ride. Very sumptuous with a maid and butler greeting you solemnly as you go through the house. I may have some elements of the stretching room in it as well, but I'm not sold on it.
  • His left room will be the library, filled with ghost stories, of course. Creepy statues will follow you as you make your way through the maze of bookshelves.
  • The back room will be the glorious ballroom! A feast and a pipe organ and ghostly dancers all around! A swinging wake, if you will.
  • The right room will be the conservatory. Hot and cold chills and wall-to-wall creeps will accompany you as you look and see who might be in the coffin trying to get out.
  • The attic I was a little iffy about. In the ride, the attic is where you find the bride, but I had other plans for her. So the attic in William's House will be simple. It will be the bell tower where... someone meets his end.
  • The basement is the real attraction of William's house. It's where I'm going to put the famous graveyard scene in the ride. I'm pretty excited about how lively it's going to be.

Madame Leota (Leota)
I couldn't fit everyone I wanted to in the main house, so she'll have a little cabin off to the side of William's house somewhere. It will be her little Seance room. A crystal ball and heavy tome will be present, a long with musical instruments for the spirits to make their presence known.

Constance Hatchaway (Connie)
  • The famous attic bride! She'll have three rooms in her house, the main entrance, the attic, and the basement.
  • Connie's main room will be absolutely lovely! Everything you expect from a new, blushing bride.
  • But what's that in the attic? It looks like remnants of weddings past. And there's an ax up here for some reason...
  • The basement is the worst of all. Piles of boxes and money. And a little unpleasant surprise for anyone snooping around.

Ezra the Ghost (Ezra)
I can't NOT have the three hitchhiking ghosts! Ezra will have a simple room with his pals Phineas and Gus. It won't be very exciting, but it made me feel better.

Altho honestly, I haven't decided if instead I just want to make the human character be the caretaker and have Phineas, Ezra, and Gus inside the house trying to hitchhike. I don't think it would make as much sense, though, which is why I haven't fully committed to the idea.

Whatcha think? I've already got a googledoc planning a bunch of stuff for it. I'm pretty excited to get started. The challenge will be to keep up with Fujimori too. I don't want to get too excited about Gracey and not pay attention to my original town. I think I will also do Gracey day by day without time traveling like Fujimori so I'm not tempted to just spend all my time working on Gracey. I'll spend the same amount of time working on both per day. :)

Attachments

• Mastergracey.jpg
    Mastergracey.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 83
Back