• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

which post looks better?

which looks more Egyptian?

• corinthian post

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • pantheon post

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurrdoc

✘✘✘
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cake
i'm trying to make my basement into an Egyptian tomb and was wondering which pillar looks the most Egyptian?

AncientObjects.png

corinthian post (top row, second from the right)

or

pantheon post (top row, far left)

let me know what you think.

All these columns are Greek, so none of them are 100% perfect for an Egyptian temple, but I would go with the Corinthian one. It resembles something like this more than the Pantheon post, which looks too fat in the middle of the column to look Egyptian to me.

You should try using items from the golden series

All these columns are Greek, so none of them are 100% perfect for an Egyptian temple, but I would go with the Corinthian one. It resembles something like this more than the Pantheon post, which looks too fat in the middle of the column to look Egyptian to me.

Yeah, I realize that, but it's as good as it gets in-game. xD

keybug55 said:
You should try using items from the golden series

unfortunately, the golden series doesn't have a pillar. not to mention it hurts my eyes to look at. at most i was thinking of using the golden torches, but that's it.

I know they aren't pillars, but I use the brown clay pots as urns in my Egyptian exhibit

I personally think the pantheon looks more "Egyptian" The curvature of the post reminds of the art style of the egyptians, using a lot of lines that curve and move. The corinthian just looks like a greek post, something you'd find in athens.

Of course I'm going against the popular opinion xD

I personally think the pantheon looks more "Egyptian" The curvature of the post reminds of the art style of the egyptians, using a lot of lines that curve and move. The corinthian just looks like a greek post, something you'd find in athens.

Of course I'm going against the popular opinion xD

yeah, that's my problem. if only they had made Egyptian columns. without the markings it just doesn't feel right and the corinthian ends up looking better cuz of it.

Last edited:
yeah, that's my problem. if only they had made Egyptian columns. without the markings it just doesn't feel right and the corinthian ends up looking better cuz of it.

But Egyptians didn't even make columns...?
Personally, if you're trying to make an "Egyptian-style" room, I'd remove the columns entirely and focus more on pots and stuff.

Back