• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

Velvet_nosebleed

The Holy Trinity
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
6767-7678-1962
So I secretly want to fill my island with villagers I think are LGBT+ and am wondering which Villagers would fit. I did come up with a few but I want to know who else would fall in this category. Let me know if you guys come up with others

THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS :)
Ed- Gay
Julian-Gay
Katt- Lesbian
Fuchsia- Lesbian
Wade- Gay
Julia- Trans
Gloria- Drag Queen
Gabi- Bisexual
Hazel- Bisexual
Queenie- Trans
Bitty- Drag Queen
Colton- Bisexual

And then let us not forget the couples:

Chevre+Nan
Flick+CJ

(P.s. this comes from my personal head-canon. These are just my opinions :) )

Last edited:
I’ve always seen Katt as being bi—her shirt in NL even looks similar to the bisexual pride flag too (red, purple, blue stripes)!

For the most part I only have headcanons for villagers I’ve had, so that would be:

Katt: bi
Julia: trans
Roscoe: gay
Beau: bi
Whitney: lesbian
Kyle: bi
Zucker: Ace

Then again, these are mostly based on the dynamics they have with other villagers in my games—I don’t think any villager has a set sexuality.

Ed and Julian are super definitely belonging on this list lol! I have them both in my island and I put their houses together :).

Then again, these are mostly based on the dynamics they have with other villagers in my games—I don’t think any villager has a set sexuality.
I mean... you could argue they all have a set sexuality in that they're all more or less asexual 😆 I mean, none of them seems to have any interest in anything like that, since it's not part of the game. But, that also means we can come up with our own theories/guesses!

Also... I never noticed how similar Ed and Julian look. They do make an adorable couple, ohmygosh 😍

None of them. I don't want to relate any sexuality, straight or otherwise, with virtual fictional childish animals, especially not by correlating it onto something meaningless like the colour of their clothes. C'mon, have some decency. :p

None of them. I don't want to relate any sexuality, straight or otherwise, with virtual fictional childish animals, especially not by correlating it onto something meaningless like the colour of their clothes. C'mon, have some decency. :p

Then feel free not relate them!

...But if other people want to, there's literally no harm in doing so. Especially if someone can maybe relate to some of them by doing so!

I mean... you could argue they all have a set sexuality in that they're all more or less asexual 😆 I mean, none of them seems to have any interest in anything like that, since it's not part of the game. But, that also means we can come up with our own theories/guesses!

I get where you’re coming from, but slightly disagree about them all being asexual per the game. For example, I definitely remember Lopez showing a lot of interest in “the new girl in town” whenever a female villager moved in. The Smugs in general are pretty flirty imo, especially in NL.

for me its just like, im so starved for representation in media. so in a game all about relating to cute little characters - of course i would want to project some of that onto them! and hey, no judgement for not imagining the 'sexualities' of the different villagers, but c'mon, im not indecent, lol

I get where you’re coming from, but slightly disagree about them all being asexual per the game. For example, I definitely remember Lopez showing a lot of interest in “the new girl in town” whenever a female villager moved in. The Smugs in general are pretty flirty imo, especially in NL.
That's true, that's a good point! But, of course, you could argue flirtation isn't really related to sexuality (you can be asexual and still be interested in romance) but I was just being silly anyway 😝

IIRC, there was a line of dialogue in a previous game that felt flirty for lazies, and in the original the jocks often felt flirty to me. My BFF and I both had in-game jock "boyfriends"

for me its just like, im so starved for representation in media. so in a game all about relating to cute little characters - of course i would want to project some of that onto them! and hey, no judgement for not imagining the 'sexualities' of the different villagers, but c'mon, im not indecent, lol
That's pretty much how I was seeing it! There's nothing indecent about it, but it can be another way to relate to the characters and see parts of yourself in them. Plus, it's not like they're real people we're guessing about- they're characters who don't have a set sexuality.

Deirdre gives me mean lesbian vibes lol (like in a good way) she reminds me of a family friend
Tammy the Uchi bear cub could easily swing towards bi/lesbian as well imo

honorable mentions:
Cheri(not sure exactly why but she feels lgbtq+ to me)
Doc (Lil sweet gay boy???)
Mallary (Lesbian... or Maybe trans?)

We literally just had a month-long event that celebrated the marriage of two characters. Kapp’n and his wife even have a child! You’re under no obligation to put further thought into the game, but there’s nothing indecent or even unreasonable about people who do.

Then feel free not relate them!

...But if other people want to, there's literally no harm in doing so. Especially if someone can maybe relate to some of them by doing so!

Of course, go ahead! Just stating that my opinion is that I have no opinion on this and would prefer not to take this topic into consideration for this particular game :)

Back