• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villagers are LGBT+?

I'm a big 'personality doesn't dictate what body form you find sexy' kind of person so until I form random head ships of specific characters I don't actually view them with specific sexualities. That said, Raymond is always at Fang or Toms house. I think he has a type even if (in my town) I don't think it's reciprocated by either yet.

I don’t know which islanders are LGBT+ but my lovelorn resident rep is crossing her fingers (well, her weird little ball fists) that Megan is.

Reactions: pup
no its not? its literally in his name, "kid" cat, don't understand how it makes me borderline homophobic to find it creepy.. specially since im not cis or straight :unsure:
"kid" is just a name, it's never stated what any character's age is. it could even be a stage name. characters' ages are 100% headcanons.

you don't have to be cishet to be homophobic, we all grew up in a homophobic society and learned homophobic ideas. the idea that children can't be lgbt or that anyone isn't "old enough" to be lgbt is the homophobic part, because it comes from the idea that lgbt identities are inherently sexual and therefore a "grown up" topic.

anyway sry for straying from the topic again but... i don't think we should be calling peoples lgbt headcanons creepy or saying to "leave them alone" as if it's a bad thing

A friend in a Discord server I'm in made a bunch of custom pride flag shirts for June and put them up in their Ables shop, so some of the villagers would buy the design and wear it around town which was super cute :love: They were regularly taking screenshots and updating us on which villagers had bought what shirt and was wearing it haha. I love that method of figuring out your villagers' sexuality and gender identities!

Got to back Ed being gay. I initially had him and Cleo, so I moved them together remembering how flirty smugs could be in NL, and he was not at all interested. The longer it went on the more they seemed to dislike each other, and Ed was definitely more into Moe. (Who didn't seem to return the feeling.)

I also have Kidd who definitely isn't straight. I love how he seemed to instantly become Pangos GBF and together they became the fashionistas of the island. I love how often I see them together, and how stylish they look in the entire wardrobe I've sent them.

Reneigh I also see as being lesbian. She seems to love a good flannel shirt, and she just generally reminds me of one of my friends in her mischief.

Had/have Wade and Judy, and didn't really see any hint of them not being straight tbh. Wade I wanted to love but he was so boring compared to Moe, I ended up letting him leave even though he was initially a dreamie of mine. Judy is just chaotic. I think she's more interested in disrupting the peaceful island life than any romance.

the idea that children can't be lgbt or that anyone isn't "old enough" to be lgbt is the homophobic part, because it comes from the idea that lgbt identities are inherently sexual and therefore a "grown up" topic.

anyway sry for straying from the topic again but... i don't think we should be calling peoples lgbt headcanons creepy or saying to "leave them alone" as if it's a bad thing

Seliph has phrased what I wanted to say far better than I could have written it myself.

Let's keep this thread to the topic please! If it continues to drift away from the OP's intentions (stating which villagers you perceive to be LGBT) then it will be closed.

I'm a big 'personality doesn't dictate what body form you find sexy' kind of person so until I form random head ships of specific characters I don't actually view them with specific sexualities. That said, Raymond is always at Fang or Toms house. I think he has a type even if (in my town) I don't think it's reciprocated by either yet.

Sounds to me like Raymond is after some sugar daddies!
This site is 18+ right?

EDIT: Welp, I checked the rules and we may have 13 year olds on here so let me stop! Y'all saw nothing! Dizzy is best villager guys!!!

reminds me of a certain argument a certain niche of anime fans like to make :unsure: he's still coded to be a child

i'm not saying kids can't be gay lol. im saying exploring the 'sex'uality of a character if its a child is weird. straight or gay.
he has the exact same dialogue as all jocks, none of them are coded any way it's 100% interpretation. you're reaching really far with that one. it's also not comparable considering this instance is just seeing a character as lgbt and the anime thing is being attracted to them.

anyway i'd imagine people aren't actually looking very far into it beyond just going "x is gay because why not"

sdfsd sry i didnt see vris' post before responding

Last edited:
Being trans myself, I've long been fond of the idea of Julia being trans due to her coloration being more based on a peacock than a peahen.

Aside from her though, none of the villagers have really struck me as anything LGBT+. NPCs sure, like CJ and Flick because of the whole "partners" dialogue.

If I were going with your theme, aside from Julia, I'd probably also get Ed after seeing the eReader blurb that was posted, and I'd probably get Pietro to be a pride mascot. No one else springs to my mind since it's not something I really think about. I'd just go with whoever you headcanon, since it's your island.

Got to back Ed being gay. I initially had him and Cleo, so I moved them together remembering how flirty smugs could be in NL, and he was not at all interested. The longer it went on the more they seemed to dislike each other, and Ed was definitely more into Moe. (Who didn't seem to return the feeling.

I actually was looking for Julian back in my NL town when I stumbled across Ed instead. I grew really attached to him and was feeling very impatient on my journey to get Julian so I kept him. But then I got Julian as a random move in! He put his house next to Ed's. They're super similar in looks and obviously too in personality and I just really love them hanging out! I developed this headcanon for myself from that experience.

In my island in NH, I got amiibo cards for both just so I could move both of them in right away since they're some of my top faves now and put their houses next to each other. They hang out a lot. I originally had their houses next to one another next to this little heart pond that was in my town originally. But after going through a rut with inspiration I decided to scrap everything, including the pond & their original placement, which I regret because I had loved that placement so much! :( They're still beside one another in the new residential area but there's no pond anymore. Oh well. They both sing a lot so often they'll sing together, and it's one of my favorite things to see when walking through. I like to think that they both support one another's dreams of being a big music star lol! And that they are singing a really cute sappy duet!

Yeah, Julia and Julian (ironically close names) are the closest that fits your description.

Headcanon wise; Hazel definitely likes girls... Actually, most of the sisterly characters likes girls. That's the facts.

I don’t know which islanders are LGBT+ but my lovelorn resident rep is crossing her fingers (well, her weird little ball fists) that Megan is.
I had Megan. Loved her to death. Shipped her with Pinky but at the same time I like to think she was asexual.

Back