• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Why Ankha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamurai

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
Why does everyone seems to want Ankha so badly?

She can go for anything between 15-40million bells. It's crazy.
How do you even safe up that much? Lol.

She's one of my "dreamies" but only because she was my favourite Islander on one of my Gamecube Towns.

Gonzo is probably my favourite Villager but he doesn't appear in New Leaf :'( (oops going off topic).

Am I missing something about Ankha in this version or?

Last edited:
I'd imagine it's because she's both cute and has an interesting design. The majority of the "wildly popular" villagers share these traits.

I don't get the Ankha craze either. Personally, I think other cat villagers are way cuter than her. :p But it could just be because she's exotic? lol.

had her as a starter, but traded her away for lucky
shes cute and shes funny but not a favorite of mine

I think she has one of the best character designs in the game. I don't ever really see many villagers and think "Wow, that's actually really cool!" Like I have with Ankha. I think people just really like the villagers with special designs. Like Drago is a dragon, Frita is a burger and fries, Stitches looks like a stitched together teddy bear, and Merengue has a food horn.

But she's also a really old character that a lot of players have memories of.

This is just stereotypical.
I'd think they just like the Egyptian-style character.

xP My best friend loves Ankha and Lucky and wants them both in her town, because they're egyptian, like 3D triangles because she is the self proclaimed hipster queen.
^That is roughly what she told me a month ago.

I do have another friend attempting to build an eygptian themed town, now we have pyramid and sphinx pwp and hybrids are easier I can see a lot of people wanting simillar.

Hipsters love Triangles, Pyramids are 3D Triangles, 3DS, therefore, Hipsters love Ankha.

Technically you can't get 3D Triangles; in geometry, triangles are only a 2D shape. Pyramids are a polyhedron :p

But I guess people see everyone wants her so it becomes almost a craze :L

She's definitely exotic though :)

I didn't know whether she was the only way to get certain items or something...

This is kind of like asking "why *insert any villager name here*". I personally don't like Ankha that much but she is really unique; although her shape is that of a cat but she definitely have some sort of ancient egypt theme going on and some people dig that.

Ankha is popular for her unique look.
Really, if you look at all these super popular villagers, they all have some kinda of special feature over the others in their species.

Even if people are selling these villagers for a ton, I say just be happy that we even have the chance to "choose" our villagers.

Last edited:
I think she has one of the best character designs in the game. I don't ever really see many villagers and think "Wow, that's actually really cool!" Like I have with Ankha. I think people just really like the villagers with special designs. Like Drago is a dragon, Frita is a burger and fries, Stitches looks like a stitched together teddy bear, and Merengue has a food horn.

But she's also a really old character that a lot of players have memories of.

I have drago. I didn't even realise he was a dragon lol.
How unobservant of me :/

He is an alligator xD Just resembles a dragon.

But yeah on topic, I love love cats and I personally don't care for her but she has a pretty unique design.

Last edited:
This is kind of like asking "why *insert any villager name here*".

Not quite. Ankha is probably the most popular/wanted character on multiple forums.

And like I said, I wondered if she was a special character or a means of getting specific items or something cool.

You wouldn't get the same response if I asked "Why Gruff?" lol.

Hahaha hijessicarose is right, he's an Alligator villager but he was designed to look like a dragon to make him more interesting!
But that is a tad unobservant xD

Hahaha hijessicarose is right, he's an Alligator villager but he was designed to look like a dragon to make him more interesting!
But that is a tad unobservant xD

i made a tumblr post with him in it and i didnt even know he was a dragon until 10 people commented OMFG THERES A DRAGON IN NEW LEAF??? (it should've been obvious to me because dragon

but i think villagers with cool designs are popular (like that rhino with a strawberry nose)

Last edited:
Not quite. Ankha is probably the most popular/wanted character on multiple forums.

And like I said, I wondered if she was a special character or a means of getting specific items or something cool.

You wouldn't get the same response if I asked "Why Gruff?" lol.

Actually, I would still reply the same. The difference is that Gruff is unique to one while Anhka is unique to a mass. None the less they share the same element of being "unique" as valued to some individual. I think there are a few that are far higher in demand. I believe Stitches went for a max of 100mill on reddit and I have never seen Anhka go that high yet. Just in a person's value is that I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
(it should've been obvious to me because dragon

I feel quite stupid now xD

I believe Stitches went for a max of 100mill on reddit and I have never seen Anhka go that high yet. Just in a person's value is that I'm trying to say.

There are certainly a handful in high demand.
But 100million? Thats insanity.
It would be quicker to reset until you get a character than the time it takes to play the game and save that kind of money lol.

Last edited:
I'm not fond of wild and bizarre characters such as Coco the zombie rabbit, Ankha the weird Egyptian cat, Stiches that looked like a dead cub or Lucky the mummy dog. In fact, if Lucky would move in my town, I'd be depressed about it.

I like cute animals : Olive, O'Hare, Lopez, Friga, Roald, Jambette. Gimme those !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back