• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Why is Raymond so loved?

Most popular villager now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Rotating Fool's Egg
Red Envelope
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Tricolored Puppy Plush
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
I keep seeing Raymond going for insane prices in NMT like 600. What's the deal with him? Why do people love him so much and why do I keep seeing pictures of him in a maid outfit. This is not meant to offend anyone, I'm just wondering what is his key attribute that makes people like him?

for some reason he's the only male villager who will wear a dress (and the maid outfit only, at that) so that's why there are so many pictures of him. as for why he's so popular, everyone just seems to love his design. personally i'm not crazy about it at all, but i guess people are still really into that hipster aesthetic. he wouldn't be going for so much if he had an amiibo card and people could get him that way, but because he doesn't have one, they either have to rely on luck or buying him from someone else.

Yeah I figured part of it was that there is no amibo card, I personally don't like him, Bob, Diana, and Marshal my faves.

for some reason he's the only male villager who will wear a dress (and the maid outfit only, at that) so that's why there are so many pictures of him. as for why he's so popular, everyone just seems to love his design. personally i'm not crazy about it at all, but i guess people are still really into that hipster aesthetic. he wouldn't be going for so much if he had an amiibo card and people could get him that way, but because he doesn't have one, they either have to rely on luck or buying him from someone else.
wait is this actually true? so for example if i gave tybalt a dress he wouldn't take/wear it?

i think it's just his design and the fact he has different coloured eyes maybe

i did like his design when i first saw him and i do love smug villagers so much but he's not my favourite smug and i'm not to bothered if he's on my island or not because there are way better villagers than him in my opinion

the amount of nmt people spend on him does confuse me though tbh because while he is pretty cute, at the end of the day he's just another smug villager

i think it's just his design and the fact he has different coloured eyes maybe

i did like his design when i first saw him and i do love smug villagers so much but he's not my favourite smug and i'm not to bothered if he's on my island or not because there are way better villagers than him in my opinion

the amount of nmt people spend on him does confuse me though tbh because while he is pretty cute, at the end of the day he's just another smug villager
Right?

tybalt wears dresses if I give them to him
and raymond has a nice design and new to the series so ofc people want him

For lots of reasons I guess, I personally am not the biggest fan although I think he's kinda cute

wait is this actually true? so for example if i gave tybalt a dress he wouldn't take/wear it?

unfortunately he won't :/ our male characters can wear dresses so i don't know why the villagers won't...

edit: i'm wrong apparently, whoops

So results of the poll were pretty obvious, I just made it to make sure nobody else was having a random popularity spike.

Prob because there's no amiibo + he has a nice design! Honestly that's it imo + his eyes but because the demand for him is so high, it makes his worth much more. Don't get me wrong, I love him but what makes him so valuable is the demand

tybalt wears dresses if I give them to him
and raymond has a nice design and new to the series so ofc people want him

wait, really? i've read that male villagers will not wear dresses. i looked this up to see if i could give one to beau and everyone said no

People REALLY REALLY like smugs and he's a cat I geuss. I don't for my own reasons

I mean I have nothing against the um (is the word allowed on this forum) people who like their own gender. But it seems kinda wrong to force a male villager into wearing a dress (although the reaction would be funny) Just saying.

He's not the only male villager that will wear a dress, my friend has Beau and he also accepted wearing a magical dress and was pretty happy about it! That's why I now want a group magical girl photo with my villagers and me as the villain, help.

I keep seeing Raymond going for insane prices in NMT like 600. What's the deal with him? Why do people love him so much and why do I keep seeing pictures of him in a maid outfit. This is not meant to offend anyone, I'm just wondering what is his key attribute that makes people like him?
I've seen lots of people loving the smug personality, and I think part of his fame also comes from youtube/ other sites and the memes and videos about him. It's like a neverending popularity cycle, and also there are some people that like to collect rare villagers (not obtained by amiibo) too. Him not having an amiibo, a nice design (at least for me, I just love his eyes and how he smiles, but again, I love most characters/ species in the game too and he's definitely not my favorite cat either. Hello Kid Cat, Bob and Punchy.) and how smug plus uchi as far as I know are the ''newest'' personalities, made him explode.

Last edited:
Back