• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Why won't my roses produce hybrids?

picturescrazy

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I've gotten all my other flower species to produce hybrids on a daily basis but not a single rose! Are they known to be more finicky or am I just unlucky? :p

You're probably just unlucky so far. Just keep watering them and add fertilser if you can. I keep growing them even when I don't particularly want them, and am currently focussed on pansies.

Is there a limit to how many hybrids can grow a day? Maybe other flowers are blooming instead.

It could be the way they are arranged. Make sure they aren't too close to bamboo or other types of flowers. ~_~ Idk though, my roses grow great!

what color hybrids are you attempting to grow of roses? I've found the pink ones are the easiest and blue and purple tend to be really stubborn. Then there are, of course, the trickier ones like black and gold.

I find that the roses probably take the most time to grow different color ones in my town. It also depends on how they are arranged and where they are situated.

You can try this type of arrangement. (I find that it works for me)

x-x-x
-x-x-
x-x-x

So try having the flowers (which are the X in the diagram) sort of like a checkerboard like that hybrids will have room to grow. Sorry if I don't really make sense. xD

Last edited:
Yeah I'm having the same problem, but my flowers did breed very well before at least 2-3 hybrids I ddn't want a day on two different flower patches. Lately they haven't been growing at all, just one hybrid and day and I've been doing the same rituals daily, my flowers have been growing oddly too, the colour of hybrid I want never grows... xD oh wells, more watering I guess

Could be luck, too much flowers trying to hybridize, not enough water? , fertlizer could boost chance for hybrids, formation... ectt, good luck though!

Last edited:
you just hve to be patient. water them and make sure that they are arranged in a good way. i had a really hard time breeding blue and purple roses at first, but yu just have to keep trying ;; once you get some hybrids it'll be a lot easier!!

Sometimes it's just a matter of luck. For instance, in my last town I didn't breed a single hybrid flower for days!

i think you can only have 5 hybrids per day? so try to just water the roses. its just luck tbh

I have the grid-like formation for max room for hybrids to occur. I'm breeding for all the different colors so I have a large patch with the ones that produce hybrids on diagonal to one another. It's worked just fine for my other flower species but I can't produce a single color of the hybrid roses. I have yellows touching reds, reds touching whites, whites touching whites, and reds touching reds. I don't have fertilizer, but I water them every day with a gold pail.

Make sure you have enough room around your roses to spawn hybrids. Also the more flower types you have in your town will decrease your chances than if you only had roses in your town, just be aware.

I got my first blue rose after ~120 days (including all intermediate-steps).
If you are really looking for roses, in my opinion, you should (| "beautiful town ordinance"=1) only water them.
As far as I have experienced it, only (or at least mostly) the watered flowers will spawn offspring.

Yeah, ALL my other flowers produce hybrids! It's ridiculous that the roses refuse to, especially considering there's so many different colors you can get with them that I have set up for all the ones you can get with basic colors and not a single one has popped up. It's snowing today though, should I still water them or is the snow sufficient?

Huh, my roses produce a lot of hybrids and then cosmos. Lilies are probably the hardest for me to grow hybrids of, but that's interesting. Good luck on your gardening!

Back