• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Will I always get to pick my 10th villager?

sigmajw

Orange Picker
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I've yet to get my 10th villager, I'm at 9 right now. But from what I understand is that your town will stay at 9 villagers until you convince one of the campers to move in as your 10th.

now assuming that happens. Eventually when one of my villagers moves away and I'm down to 9 again, will it still work the same way? Will it then perpetually stay at 9 until I pick a 10th villager yet again? Essentially giving me full control on everyone who moves in?

I believe the 10th villager will always be an animal from the campsite. So, if I'm not mistaken, you have control on who moves in.

If you don't ask anyone to move in, the game will either:

- move one in for you
- have someone from someone you visited move in

Essentially, the game gives you ample time between the 9th and 10 villager that you can choose who you'd like.

I have 9 villagers at the moment and yesterday, Julian was in the campsite. I convinced him to move in, but how many days does it take? There was no new house placement today?

If you don't ask anyone to move in, the game will either:

- move one in for you
- have someone from someone you visited move in

Essentially, the game gives you ample time between the 9th and 10 villager that you can choose who you'd like.
Only if you consider "ample time" two weeks!
I built the campsite at the beginning, since the NA launch I've only gotten ONE camper that I refused. None of my friends animals were moving either.

Apollo moved in today... -_-
Not a complete disappointment, but I really would have liked to have chosen who was moving in. It's not my fault that the opportunity didn't arise in a mere two weeks.

Only if you consider "ample time" two weeks!
I built the campsite at the beginning, since the NA launch I've only gotten ONE camper that I refused. None of my friends animals were moving either.

Apollo moved in today... -_-
Not a complete disappointment, but I really would have liked to have chosen who was moving in. It's not my fault that the opportunity didn't arise in a mere two weeks.

considering you can go online on day one and build a campsite way before getting a 9th villager, yes 2 weeks is ample time.

unless you're TTing. then yes, that would be your fault.

It might take a few days for him to move in...I don't think it's right away.
Plus, do you have to have a campsite to convince characters to move into your town?

It doesn't always work, 2 days ago I asked Tangy to move in (a camper) and she said no because the people at her town would miss her too much, so sometimes they can reject.

considering you can go online on day one and build a campsite way before getting a 9th villager, yes 2 weeks is ample time.

unless you're TTing. then yes, that would be your fault.

For a game that theoretically "lasts forever"... two weeks is a really crappy amount of time in my opinion, but to each their own. :p
I was just pointing out that the game didn't even remotely give me a chance to pick out a 10th villager I would have liked.
To repeat... I built the campsite as soon as possible. In these two weeks only ONE single camper had turned up. I didn't like them. I was also online with my friends, none of their villagers were moving out, so I did not have a single chance to take any of them either!

I don't time travel, so it's definitely only been a legit two weeks for me.
Again, the experience is relative. Perhaps for many people, two weeks would be ample time... but the game did not afford me the chance. Disappointing for sure, and apparently according to your experience, I just had terrible luck. I dig who I got, however I have been eyeing up some of my friends neighbors, so it came as a disappointment.

In conclusion, I just want to express to others like myself who don't find two weeks to be ample time to scout for a new villager, that they may need to get desperate to otherwise avoid an unpleasant surprise.

Last edited:
It doesn't always work, 2 days ago I asked Tangy to move in (a camper) and she said no because the people at her town would miss her too much, so sometimes they can reject.

They will eventually accept. It just takes A LOT of tries and possibly several games. The first two times I was trying to convince Gayle to move in I lost and she said she wouldn't move in. Then, like the next ten times she said she'd be too sad to leave her town. Finally, we played another game, I won, and she is now living happily in my town. :D

For a game that theoretically "lasts forever"... two weeks is a really crappy amount of time in my opinion, but to each their own. :p
I was just pointing out that the game didn't even remotely give me a chance to pick out a 10th villager I would have liked.
To repeat... I built the campsite as soon as possible. In these two weeks only ONE single camper had turned up. I didn't like them. I was also online with my friends, none of their villagers were moving out, so I did not have a single chance to take any of them either!

I don't time travel, so it's definitely only been a legit two weeks for me.
Again, the experience is relative. Perhaps for many people, two weeks would be ample time... but the game did not afford me the chance. Disappointing for sure, and apparently according to your experience, I just had terrible luck. I dig who I got, however I have been eyeing up some of my friends neighbors, so it came as a disappointment.

In conclusion, I just want to express to others like myself who don't find two weeks to be ample time to scout for a new villager, that they may need to get desperate to otherwise avoid an unpleasant surprise.

Another victim of the RNG.

As you said, to each their own.

They will eventually accept. It just takes A LOT of tries and possibly several games. The first two times I was trying to convince Gayle to move in I lost and she said she wouldn't move in. Then, like the next ten times she said she'd be too sad to leave her town. Finally, we played another game, I won, and she is now living happily in my town. :D
Lololol no. Me and Tangy played way more games than that, I guess she just doesn't like Hamidam :(

Back