• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will QR codes work no matter what country it is?

taygo

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I been seeing a lot of cool outfits people design. I been bookmarking so when I get NL, I can have some outfits! But what I was going to ask: Do you think they will work if I am in the US and it is a Japanese QR code that was posted online? I can't find any info if it matter or not.

Last edited:
No other version is out yet for people to test but there is no reason they would change the code for QR to design.

That's true. I just didn't know if Nintendo would be even more mean to us:( "oh look what people been making.....you can't have it! sorry" ahhhhhh. I want the game already:(
maybe next month we can tell when it goes to Korea?

The codes should work on all versions of the game. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point to it.

Well, Nintendo region locks a lot of QR codes like Mii QR codes which IMO is completely stupid and pointless. :/
So there's no telling whether they will be region locked or not. Let's hope that they don't. D:

Well, we'll find out soon enough, once the Korean version is released.

I wouldn't count on that. From what I know, Korean Mii QR codes are NOT region locked, so anyone from the world can get the Mii. On the other hand, Europe and NA are.
If Korean QR codes are not region locked, I'm not sure if we can say the same for Europe and North America...

Well, Nintendo region locks a lot of QR codes like Mii QR codes which IMO is completely stupid and pointless. :/
So there's no telling whether they will be region locked or not. Let's hope that they don't. D:

I wasn't even aware there were Mii QR codes.

If the AC team is smart, they'll realize the potential mistake of doing such a thing before they release the game. Otherwise, why have the QR codes at all? If you're going to restrict them to certain territories it seems a bit silly to even offer the feature.

I've scanned japanese and american Mii QR codes?

Some of the Japanese Mii QR codes are region locked, but not all of them.

I really don't see the point of locking QR codes and I don't see why Nintendo would even do that. Unfortunately, we'll only know when we get our hands on the game.

I've saved QR codes that I've come across and it'd very disappointing if they are region locked. I'll be optimistic and hope that they are not. One would either have to recreate patterns or visit towns who have the pattern one wants.

hope they work found this cool QR codes of some final fantasy outfits out there which i saved in an instant =3

QR codes are essentially bar codes, there is no reason why it would be different overseas so I think you're safe :)

Actually I'm a little worried about this.

The QR codes for the Denpa Men are region locked. Hopefully Animal Crossing will be different.

It could go either way :( I really hope they don't lock them. I mean, the QR Codes for Pushmo and Freaky Forms aren't locked as example.

Back