• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WOW It's been a while...

kittie885

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
I quit playing AC a long time ago and recently came back thanks to the recent game updates. I have found the updates don't do much for me, except add sittable rocks, The RV campground place (which is cool, new items!) and make visiting the island a bit safer. All of that amiibo stuff is not stuff I can do.. so the rest is pretty useless to me.

That being said, i'm finding it pleasant to be back and I don't know how long it's going to last, but i'm playing for a while. I like to think my "second wind" will allow me to keep interest for several weeks at the very least! I plan on taking AC on vacation with me next month.

The reason I quit in the first place is because the game just became insanely repetitive, and with that, predictable. The villagers repeat themselves every two seconds, it reflects their coding and not any artificial intelligence personality.. and my daily routine was.. well, routine. I think a small mistake i made was obsessively loving the current visitors I have to the point of never wanting them to move out, so they too became repetitive, but that was my fault.

This time I'm going to do my best to use my imagination to interpret everything the villagers say and do in my own way, and not in such a literal sense... at least that way maybe I can "pretend" they are not being repetitive. So far it's working okay. I also plan to allow a few visitors to move out so new ones can move in, just not my cats! Lord, I have no idea what i'm going to do when I successfully obtain only cat villagers in my town!

As for my daily routine.. well that's going to be a daily.. routine.. again. But hopefully I can find some fun in decorating my town and THIS time inviting people over to benefit from the beauty I work to achieve in my town! Hopefully that will give me enough motivation to keep the routine from becoming unmotivational.

Why am I even working so hard to stay interested in this game? If it's so hard to stay interested why even try? I'm not completely sure.. Maybe because I know when it's fun it's really fun.. and I want to get there again. It just sort of.. happened!

Good luck me.

Also... does anyone ever read these things..?

Back