• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Yet another sig

Propaganda Man

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I realize its dark but after a while your eyes will adjust.

This sig is not so much as a graphic as me playing with lighting. I took a forest wallpaper and the Link render and got this. I toned down the text so it works better with the background. I'm not to fond with the text but thats really the best I can do to my knowledge.

I made a mistake in the beginning by making the left side of link darker than the left. I probably darkened Link over 50 times in the end. I was to far in when I realized it.

V1:
tpsig2qk4.png

V2:
tpsig3ih2.png

Now that I look at it I'm actually quite happy about how it came out.
PS: I could only put a quarter of Link in there in order to get rid of the white, (most of it)

This also took over 5 minutes. It took 6.

Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
The render has some bad edges.
The hat?

The hat looks like part of its missing but thats the way the image is. The render was cut pretty good.
No, the whole render. I can see the edges. You can tell it was cut out of something light and that sig isn't light, so.... =o

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
The hat?

The hat looks like part of its missing but thats the way the image is. The render was cut pretty good.
No, the whole render. I can see the edges. You can tell it was cut out of something light and that sig isn't light, so.... =o
Your brightness is too bright. Slouch some and see what I see.

Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
The hat?

It is on the bright side, but that doesn't mean the render is OK like that. <.< After all, maybe yours is just dark. =O

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
The hat?

It is on the bright side, but that doesn't mean the render is OK like that. <.< After all, maybe yours is just dark. =O
Remember the website you made. Practically everyone said its too dark.

I know. I was just realizing that. But I can't change it, I put brightness to 0 and can still easily see all of your edges.

I'm sure other people's monitors are like this and it's better to have everyone be able to see it.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
I know. I was just realizing that. But I can't change it, I put brightness to 0 and can still easily see all of your edges.

I'm sure other people's monitors are like this and it's better to have everyone be able to see it.
Able to see what? Storm slouch in your chair and see if that works.

Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
OK, but most people don't sit like that D:
Your computer is brighter than other's. Don't forget that.
I know, but once again, it's better to make sure everyone sees it properly.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
STORMCOMMANDER said:
OK, but most people don't sit like that D:
Your computer is brighter than other's. Don't forget that.
I know, but once again, it's better to make sure everyone sees it properly.
I see your point but its not like this is going to be seen by more than 10-15 people. If this were a graphics for a website then I completely agree.

Also, what you just said backs my reasoning to get rid of the png. for the IE users and do gif. D:

Overall, it looks good.

You could've done better on the render, as Storm said.

Also, you should've made the light part (upper right) brighter... the contrast between the dark and light isn't that much otherwise.

Propaganda Man said:
Also, what you just said backs my reasoning to get rid of the png. for the IE users and do gif. D:
I'm pretty sure we haven't used transparent PNG in a year(ish)...

And when we did, it was changed a little after anyway.

STORMCOMMANDER said:
Propaganda Man said:
I'm pretty sure we haven't used transparent PNG in a year(ish)...

And when we did, it was changed a little after anyway.
It better have :mad:

my brightness is normal and I can see a little of the render un the under side of his hat, and I agree with DG that extra brightness and maybe some short beams of light coming from it may make it more diverse and dramatic lol

and btw SC, I slouch lol

but aside from all that, overall, I'd give this one a 8/10. very nice artistic view with everything being dark and all

Back