• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone having difficulty selling collectibles?

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Festive Bell
Friday the 13th Candy
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
I never had such a hard time selling collectibles in general on the TBT Marketplace. But as I checked other selling threads, they aren’t faring well either. It used to be that only some collectibles aren’t going to sell. Now every collectible isn’t selling well, not for TBT Bells at least. Sure that trading collectibles will help you obtain dream collectibles, but some of us are in for more TBT Bells. Even the original glow wands are hardly selling when they are being put up for sale.

What’s your opinion on the current TBT shortage? And how’s your current experience with selling collectibles?

no one has enough pure tbt to buy tier 1 & 2 collectibles, and the people that do already have em. most people have all the middle-of-the-road collectibles that they want so they don't move.

until there's a better way of generating new tbt than posting idk if anything's gonna change.

There's plenty of collectibles I still want of varying values, but I don't have enough TBT for them. Posting for TBT isn't very lucrative, so the only 'reliable' way to make TBT is to sell event currency/items while they're fresh and exciting (even savers start pulling out their wallets when they want New Shiny Thing), at the sacrifice of not getting something yourself. Great when there's nothing you want, but that almost never happens for me, lol.

until there's a better way of generating new tbt than posting idk if anything's gonna change.

generating tbt is only half the problem, tbh

until loopholes that allow a portion of the community to hoard wealth while contributing little back are dealt with, this problem will continue to persist

and tbh, I'm not even sure addressing this now would fix things either. part of me feels like the damage is way too far gone, unless staff were to find some way to entice the richer portion of the community to spend a sizable chunk of their stash, in order to reinject it back into the economy

generating tbt is only half the problem, tbh

until loopholes that allow a portion of the community to hoard wealth while contributing little back are dealt with, this problem will continue to persist

and tbh, I'm not even sure addressing this now would fix things either. part of me feels like the damage is way too far gone, unless staff were to find some way to entice the richer portion of the community to spend a sizable chunk of their stash, in order to reinject it back into the economy
i agree but considering lunar new year wasn't enticing enough i can't see that part being fixed.

a raffle or a lottery every once in a while might do something, but there has to be a way to make it fair enough so that the rich don't just become richer every time.

Bring back the mini-games, I suggest? I have a Unity account, and I can make some games for this forum where you can submit scores for TBT Bells. I may need some of your guys help to make the graphics though.

But it’s not just the higher tier collectibles. Several collectibles (like the Clownfish Plush, the Stardust Egg, and the letters) are not selling well. They do move well with giveaways, but not with sales.

This is something I definitely noticed when I came back to TBT- the marketplace had changed a LOT. Now there are so many stagnant sales threads and a lot of bigger shops with regular traffic selling low tier items. There's a serious lack of TBT that's probably due to all of the gacha events that have recently happened along with the huge influx of new shiny pixel squares.

It's just economics: supply/diversity of collectibles goes up -> demand goes down -> prices decrease.
"Cash flow" goes down from TBT sink events (the gacha events...) -> the pool of people that WOULD spend TBT have less to spend -> prices and demand decrease further because literally everyone is broke.

The only solution I can see is for the admins to inject TBT into the economy and attempt to reverse the deflation. Otherwise, things will probably get worse as more gacha events and new items are released. I'm genuinely curious how bad things will be by the end of this year if gacha/sink events keep getting pumped out.

Bring back the mini-games, I suggest? I have a Unity account, and I can make some games for this forum where you can submit scores for TBT Bells. I may need some of your guys help to make the graphics though.

But it’s not just the higher tier collectibles. Several collectibles (like the Clownfish Plush, the Stardust Egg, and the letters) are not selling well. They do move well with giveaways, but sales.
i don't think minigames are gonna happen lol.

everything moves better with giveaways 'cause they're free, middle-of-the-road collectibles don't move 'cause they were easy to get during whatever event so most people who want them already have them.
Post automatically merged:

This is something I definitely noticed when I came back to TBT- the marketplace had changed a LOT. Now there are so many stagnant sales threads and a lot of bigger shops with regular traffic selling low tier items. There's a serious lack of TBT that's probably due to all of the gacha events that have recently happened along with the huge influx of new shiny pixel squares.

It's just economics: supply/diversity of collectibles goes up -> demand goes down -> prices decrease.
"Cash flow" goes down from TBT sink events (the gacha events...) -> the pool of people that WOULD spend TBT have less to spend -> prices and demand decrease further because literally everyone is broke.

The only solution I can see is for the admins to inject TBT into the economy and attempt to reverse the deflation. Otherwise, things will probably get worse as more gacha events and new items are released. I'm genuinely curious how bad things will be by the end of this year if gacha/sink events keep getting pumped out.
yeah i gotta say these events where people have to spend tbt to participate ain't it lol

I was sitting on 10,000 bells that I ended up just using on the Xmas event because it was super one-sided, but I don't think ostracizing the 'rich' is really what people should be doing. This isn't the real world. It's just fake forum points and if someone joins the forums and doesn't care about collectibles and just wants to discuss things about Animal Crossing, gaming, or being part of a forum community we shouldn't vilify them for that.

I was sitting on 10,000 bells that I ended up just using on the Xmas event because it was super one-sided, but I don't think ostracizing the 'rich' is really what people should be doing. This isn't the real world. It's just fake forum points and if someone joins the forums and doesn't care about collectibles and just wants to discuss things about Animal Crossing, gaming, or being part of a forum community we shouldn't vilify them for that.
the thing here is a lot of tbt's richest (active) users got where they are from scamming and scalping (buying something cheap from another user just to resell for way higher), so people's frustration is kind of justified.

the thing here is a lot of tbt's richest (active) users got where they are from scamming and scalping (buying something cheap from another user just to resell for way higher), so people's frustration is kind of justified.
Ah I did not know that, but I am sure that's not the case for everyone. I once had over 10,000 and if people were talking behind my back or coming at me with pitch forks for not using the bells I'd probably not want to deal with the forum. At the end of the day I think some people take these collectibles too seriously.

Yeah, let’s not be too hard on those who have a lot of TBT Bells. They worked hard to earn them. Granted, when we have more users with over 10,000 TBT with less intention to spend, it does get frustrating. But asking them to give up their Bells to others is no different than asking them to sell their collectibles. I want to get back to 10k TBT too.

But then again, if we did have mini-games like I suggested (which we did have a few times before), and it brought in more TBT, the new rich point wouldn’t be 10,000 TBT. It would be 100,000 TBT.

Ah I did not know that, but I am sure that's not the case for everyone. I once had over 10,000 and if people were talking behind my back or coming at me with pitch forks for not using the bells I'd probably not want to deal with the forum. At the end of the day I think some people take these collectibles too seriously.
i wouldn't worry 'cause 10k isn't really that much nowadays, "rich" is moreso people with 50k+.

but yeah i agree, if you're scamming people for little pictures i think you need to go outside and feel the sun

but yeah i agree, if you're scamming people for little pictures i think you need to go outside and feel the sun
Here’s my advice. If you’re going to go outside, don’t forget to bring your iPhone or Android. You might need that to sell collectibles, play some Royal Match, and watch those TikTok videos as you get some exercise under the sun.

Back when I first joined, there was a lot of TBT into circulation, but collectible prices for ordinary collectibles were ridiculously high. But this was before collectible scarcity became an issue. Maybe we were demanding too much TBT back in 2013-2015, and we still carried that on to today’s forum. It’s not that collectibles are becoming unreasonably cheap.

Oh man, all this talk about collectible scams is making me feel more nervous about my TBT. How am I even supposed to be careful in the economy?

Here’s my advice. If you’re going to go outside, don’t forget to bring your iPhone or Android. You might need that to sell collectibles, play some Royal Match, and watch those TikTok videos as you get some exercise under the sun.

Back when I first joined, there was a lot of TBT into circulation, but collectible prices for ordinary collectibles were ridiculously high. But this was before collectible scarcity became an issue. Maybe we were demanding too much TBT back in 2013-2015, and we still carried that on to today’s forum. It’s not that collectibles are becoming unreasonably cheap.
Omg do you remember when choco cakes were the hottest thing ever and people dropped 3-5K+ for them? And now they're literally garbage 😭 I'm honestly happy party popper/house prices went down though cause now I might be able to finally get the ones I wanted long ago.

Oh man, all this talk about collectible scams is making me feel more nervous about my TBT. How am I even supposed to be careful in the economy?
They’re not real “scams”, they’re just highly-priced collectibles. The whole “they’re just small pixels” thing was a common phrase mocking users who are interested into collectibles. But if there’s a collectible that you want, but you can’t afford it, wait until the price drops, and you can spend less for something greater.

Omg do you remember when choco cakes were the hottest thing ever and people dropped 3-5K+ for them? And now they're literally garbage 😭 I'm honestly happy party popper/house prices went down though cause now I might be able to finally get the ones I wanted long ago.
I do remember. In fact, my chocolate cake’s message “king of the collectibles” is a reminder of that time. I also put that as the #1 best collectible when I made my list of top 20 collectibles, even more than the glow wands and animated collectibles.

Back