• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Main Street Villagers

Bells
Tasty Cake
You know the villagers that move out of your town, but still wander around main street? How do you keep it so they'll continue to come, and how many at a time will be able to come to main street (like if I have 10 villagers move out, will there be a possibility of each one being able to visit main street sometime)? I personally hope I'll get to see Punchy in main street, and today I saw Willow, Kiki, and Marshal there, who have all moved out.

A move-out appears on main street when 8 other villagers have moved out after them. They won't appear anymore after you're done with the 16 cycle. I don't how many villagers can be on main street at once though.

I've had villagers that I haven't had before appear on main street and use the same dialogue that my previous villagers use. Is that normal? Because it seems like a glitch. Like, I've never had Shari as a villager but she keeps showing up and saying how she misses my town. :/

A move-out appears on main street when 8 other villagers have moved out after them. They won't appear anymore after you're done with the 16 cycle. I don't how many villagers can be on main street at once though.

Say one of the villagers moved out and are wandering main street. Can you ever get them back again like by adopting the same character from another village. Or is that not possible?

Say one of the villagers moved out and are wandering main street. Can you ever get them back again like by adopting the same character from another village. Or is that not possible?
Yep, you just need cycle 16 other villagers out after the certain villager that you want back has moved out.

I've hardly moved any villagers out of Ruddyoak--Tex was the third, and he is the only one ever on my Main Street. So it doesn't take 8 before they show up.

Winnie--voided :( & has never been on Main St.

Biskit--voided :( & has never been on Main St.

Tex--voided but "caught" by my mom. Is ALWAYS haunting my Main St.

Ribbot--adopted by my mom; has never been on Main St.

It seems pretty random as to who will show up. :/

I've had villagers that I haven't had before appear on main street and use the same dialogue that my previous villagers use. Is that normal? Because it seems like a glitch. Like, I've never had Shari as a villager but she keeps showing up and saying how she misses my town. :/

This happened to me too! I've never had Canberra and she's been hanging around my main street. I spoke to her once, the first time I saw her, and never want to again. She gives me the creeps and I don't want her moving in somehow if I keep talking to her. xD
I also have Maple around, she was the first villager that moved out of town. :(

Last edited:

I think it is a possible glitch in the programming. Each of the Villagers have ID numbers, maybe it chose the wrong ID. Coincidentally, Shari seems to move in and out quickly from my experience (was in my Village less than a month and then asked to leave two weeks in a row so I let her) so I wonder if her ID might be placeholder.

Last edited:
This happened to me too! I've never had Canberra and she's been hanging around my main street. I spoke to her once, the first time I saw her, and never want to again. She gives me the creeps and I don't want her moving in somehow if I keep talking to her. xD
I also have Maple around, she was the first villager that moved out of town. :(

I thought of you when I saw that post! :)
Don't worry, she won't move in if you chat to her ;) can only think it's a glitch and the game has messed up somewhere.
Normally it will only be previous residents who end up on Main Street and they won't appear until you've moved 8 villagers out after them.
Hopefully once you've had a few more move outs she will disappear

Last edited:
I thought of you when I saw that post! :)
Don't worry, she won't move in if you chat to her ;) can only think it's a glitch and the game has messed up somewhere.
Normally it will only be previous residents who end up on Main Street and they won't appear until you've moved 8 villagers out after them.
Hopefully once you've had a few more move outs she will disappear

Aww..haha! Funny how we were just talking about this! I won't risk it. It may glitch and make her move in. xD

omg i hate to reply to a post from literally 8 years ago but i'm having this issue rn too TT__TT but mine started happening when I changed my main console to a pre-used acnl one, or at least that's when i started noticing this

Back