• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in our Discord server as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 to win points for your team!

Place your random thoughts.

older disney villains looked so creepy and menacing. it could just be the ancient style of animation though

Screenshot 2024-05-16 6.29.30 PM.png

I saw Jarvis Johnson react to and roast the court show “Judge Steve Harvey”. At one point, Steve implied that eating sushi and eating with chopsticks was gay and/or effeminate, and even made these weird sensual gestures and expressions you could do with any utensil.

Jarvis couldn’t believe how nonsensical this was. Honestly, it reminded me of racist jokes Steve made in the past and of that Top Gear host who said it was “gay” for a man to eat ice cream. Like…how insecure do you have to be in your masculinity to think eating certain foods will destroy it??

Last edited:
I saw Jarvis Johnson react to and roast the court show “Judge Steve Harvey”. At one point, Steve implied that eating sushi and eating with chopsticks was gay and/or effeminate, and even made these weird sensual gestures and expressions you could do with any utensil.

Jarvis couldn’t believe how nonsensical this was. Honestly, it reminded me of racist jokes Steve made in the past and of that Top Gear host who said it was “gay” for a man to eat ice cream. Like…how insecure do you have to be in your masculinity to think eating certain foods will destroy it??

I'm cisgender and straight, yet I've always consumed sushi with chopsticks. I don't see how those two things correlate at all. 😂

I'm cisgender and straight, yet I've always consumed sushi with chopsticks. I don't see how those two things correlate at all. 😂
Exactly! Jarvis and his lawyer friend kept laughing at how insane that sounded. The guy in the case said he was eating sushi with his friends, and Steve said, “Sushi is not something you eat with your DUDES; it’s something you eat on a DATE.” He made some weird explanation about how people “feed each other” sushi (?)

Jarvis said something like “I must be eating sushi wrong then!” And his friend was like, “We all are!”

Steve has made racist jokes about Asian men before, which is probably why he made jokes about sushi and chopsticks, as opposed to, say, spaghetti and a fork.

I forgot how slowly this site loads with cellular on phones in my rural area. I tried using it outside today and it took forever to load just one page. Ended up waiting until I got home to do what I was planning.

I really can’t wait to get my switch lite back. I’m hoping once I get my data transferred and back to playing, my mood will be more stable again

Last edited:

i think these personalities appeal to a specific older demographic. it's likely they are aware of the audience too.

i have family who like the Dr. Laura show. she's openly used racist slurs on the show, compared homosexuality to predatory behavior, has denied the existence of anxiety and depression. but they like the 'up front and in your face attitude' and look past all of this. similarly, the Nancy Grace news program is the exact same ideology and attracts a similar demographic. (if you go down that rabbit hole).

as someone who has been swept off my feet and hospitalized because of anxiety, I wish I could simply 'get over it' as she likes to put it. Telling them to turn it off would just cause an argument, so I just blast my headphone volume up.

i think these personalities appeal to a specific older demographic. it's likely they are aware of the audience too.

i have family who like the Dr. Laura show. she's openly used racist slurs on the show, compared homosexuality to predatory behavior, has denied the existence of anxiety and depression. but they like the 'up front and in your face attitude' and look past all of this. similarly, the Nancy Grace news program is the exact same ideology and attracts a similar demographic. (if you go down that rabbit hole).

as someone who has been swept off my feet and hospitalized because of anxiety, I wish I could simply 'get over it' as she likes to put it. Telling them to turn it off would just cause an argument, so I just blast my headphone volume up.
Oh man, I heard about Dr. Laura! That was wild. I didn’t know she still had a show.

I’m actually more social and willing to talk to people in real life rather than on forums, or even online in general. Not sure why I can just approach random people in real life but it feels weird on the forum. Maybe because friend groups have already formed on here?

As of late, YouTube keeps recommending these parody songs that look like they're from the '50s (or even older). They usually have humorous and/or vulgar titles. Whether these songs are made by humans or AI, I'm not sure; I haven't bothered to actually listen to them.

Screenshot_20240517-112028~2.png

Looking at how big or how small the US states are in respect to the world, here are some facts:
  • Only 16 out of 195 nations are bigger than Alaska (including the contiguous 48 states).
  • Just 38 nations are bigger than Texas. With the exceptions of Russia and Turkey, none of these nations are European nations.
  • 58 nations are bigger than California, which is a pretty big state.
  • The top ten largest states are all bigger than 119 other nations, including the UK as a whole.
  • Just only 25 out of 195 nations are smaller than Rhode Island, showing how small Rhode Island is.
    • BONUS: Nine of the US States are smaller than just San Bernardino County alone.

If you don’t modify games, download licensed games for free, or distribute licensed games without authorization, then you might be a digital landlubber.

i got a text message earlier today asking if they were reaching a particular someone and if they had time to play golf tomorrow. after i said that i wasn't the person they were looking for they said that maybe their assistant gave them the wrong number; then they told me that i seemed friendly and asked for my actual name?? kind of creepy, it's probably a scammer trying to see if my number is active and i took the bait. i should tell them that my name is quagmire to throw them off.

1715986169346.png

Back