The "I learned something new today!" Thread

I had an eye appointment today. The eye doctor told me that the longer your eye is (eyes are kind of shaped like ovals), the more nearsighted you are.

I read that the cardigan sweater was named after James Thomas Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan. Apparently, he and other soldiers wore knitted waistcoats during the Crimean War. He was also arrogant, spent lavishly, and opposed any political reform in Britain.

Today I learned that I can just swipe the text bubble on the discord app to get rid of it. This makes things so much easier. Do you know how many times I had to let it slide or actually click on the dang thing for it to shut up when I want to click on a server that the text bubble is blocking?
This changes everything!

I set up a poll in TBT for the first time and was unaware of how many votes it got until someone replied to my thread. Then I checked the poll results and was surprised when I saw that 8 people (as of posting) voted on an option. What did I learn from this? Well, you are not notified when someone interacts with your poll within a thread you made.

Usually, posting in threads adds to your TBT bell total, but apparently, there's a possibility that you can sometimes lose a couple bells instead. Why? Not sure. I checked my transactions just now and certain posts made me lose bells.

There has to be a reason as to why this is. Anyone know?

Usually, posting in threads adds to your TBT bell total, but apparently, there's a possibility that you can sometimes lose a couple bells instead. Why? Not sure. I checked my transactions just now and certain posts made me lose bells.

I think that editing posts deducts bells.

Yoshi155 is correct, but I can add more details.

When you post in a thread that earns bells, your TBT transaction log will show the bells added to your total. If you edit that post later, the bells will be deducted from your total and then recalculated based on the new post length and added back. This means that you could lose some bells if you edit stuff out or possibly gain bells if you add more text. Hope this helps!

I learned that people will cheat at blackjack, even if we are only having a friendly game at work, where the "currency" is cheap key rings, and sometimes skittles.

The current world’s oldest man is 111-year-old John Tinniswood. He’s British and eats fish and chips once a week. To put it in perspective, he was born the same year (1912) as the Titanic shipwreck!

LUNCHABLES HAVE LEAD IN THEM
IMG_7090.jpeg

I learned that Edna Mode is half-German and half-Japanese. It’s random, but interesting.
She is also based off of Edith Head, a costume designer from the 1950s to 1970s.

LUNCHABLES HAVE LEAD IN THEM
There's so much microplastics in the processed crap food most of us eat anymore that we're bound to have something we shouldn't be ingesting.

She is also based off of Edith Head, a costume designer from the 1950s to 1970s.

There's so much microplastics in the processed crap food most of us eat anymore that we're bound to have something we shouldn't be ingesting.
Yeah, I’d heard that before too. Edna also reminds me of the actress Linda Hunt, who I mostly know from Kindergarten Cop lol.

Courtney Love co-wrote a manga called Princess Ai, and the other writer, Stuart J. Levy, isn’t Japanese either— and started Tokyopop. (But the illustrators are Japanese.) It sounds interesting.

I used to see ads for it at the end of Tokyopop manga volumes but didn’t know about her connection to it.

Last edited:
If you google many (but not all) cities with “weather” after it, these cute frogs will pop up! There are different landscapes and weather!
IMG_7223.jpeg

IMG_7224.jpeg

IMG_7226.jpeg

IMG_7227.jpeg
IMG_7228.jpeg
IMG_7229.jpeg
IMG_7230.jpeg

The rain one…is like one of the comfiest images i’ve ever seen. Like can i live in it please? ;w;

I used this map to find where it’s raining. It also shows the lightning. So cool!
IMG_7231.png

Back