• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Weird Question About Broccolo

Cetoddle769

I also play Pokemon
Bells
I know I sound weird but is it just me or does Broccolo look like Toad? Let me know if I’m going crazy cuz nobody has posted about this online so I think I’m the only one. Here are some photos to back up my theory.
Broccolo and Toad have the same eyes and mouth. They also share the same eye shape when they smile or look sad. I’m probably the only one who sees this. Feel free to call me weird or crazy, I won’t be hurt.

IMG_6575.jpeg
IMG_6577.png
IMG_6579.jpeg
IMG_6580.jpeg
IMG_6581.jpeg
IMG_6582.jpeg

I think it’s just a silly coincidence! Broccolo and Toad are both Nintendo characters so something like that was probably inevitable. In fact, it only makes me like Broccolo more!

I never really thought about it I do love Broccolo. Seeing them next to each other they do look similar.

Their mouth and expression looks a somewhat similar. I think it’s just a coincidence, though maybe the artists who designed both characters have similar preferences to how they design characters or style.

Wow! Guess it’s not just me! I’ve always thought they had similar faces, and the bowl cut reminds me of Toad’s mushroom head.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Toad inspired him, since there are villagers like Cece and Viche, who are based on Splatoon characters.
Some are even inspired by celebrities. For example, Monique is based on Marilyn Monroe, and Reneigh’s name is “Rihanna” in the Japanese version. (I know Toad is a fictional character and not a celebrity, but you know what I mean.)

I dont think you're crazy since they do look similar lol! I've never thought to make the connection before seeing this post tho!

now that you bring it up they do look similar! i remember when i stumbled upon broccolo i thought he was such a cutie while no one really talked about him xD so this makes sense lol

Back