3DS XL Transfer to New 3DS XL Help

Anie

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
1777-5603-8886
I've read a couple older posts on this topic, but I guess I am still a bit confused.

I have a pink and white 3DS XL and I'd like to do a system transfer to my New 3DS XL. I wouldn't have a problem doing so if I was certain my digital Animal Crossing New Leaf saves would transfer as well.

Basically, is there a way I can safely transfer my digital save of New Leaf to my New 3DS XL? I would really hate to have to start that town over again.

If you have it on a microSD card, it'll go. The N3DS only takes microSD cards, for some odd reason. If it's on a regular one, though, the save will go *poof!* like last night's dinner.

If you have it on a microSD card, it'll go. The N3DS only takes microSD cards, for some odd reason. If it's on a regular one, though, the save will go *poof!* like last night's dinner.

I have the SD card that my normal 3DS XL came with, so no, not mirco. But I read that you can copy the files from the SD card to the computer then from the computer to the miro SD card and have the save file transfer?

You can indeed transfer normal SD card data to a microSD if you have a microSD adapter, or if your computer has both an SD and microSD slot somewhere. I did it the adapter way, since the micro SD I got came with one.

You can also have the 3DS transfer your data from the current SD card to the one included in the New system, but that takes a good deal of time longer.

If you're performing a system transfer and have a card lower than 4GB in your original system, just perform the wireless transfer rather than the move-the-SD-card-data transfer. It takes longer but it safely guarantees that everything will transfer over.

In fact all three methods WILL transfer everything properly. It's just a matter of choosing the proper one that matches your situation.

Back