• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread

Hi guys! After reviewing recent posts, it has become clear that the recent uptick in this thread's activity has been because the content being posted has started to drift away from the thread's intended purpose. @Mick and I had a chat about how to address this and we have decided that in order to bring the thread content back in line with it's original focus that we should rename it—from "What is your latest gaming achievement?" to "Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread"—and to delete the recent lacklustre content that read more like daily reports. Some examples of the types of posts we have removed:
  • beating/catching Pokémon (except where relevant to active shiny hunting or Pokédex completion)
  • Animal Crossing goals (except those related to the Nook Milage Programme)
  • finishing a level in a game (unless it had an associated achievement)
We aren't going to be so strict as to say you can only post official PlayStation / Xbox / Steam achievements in here. Reporting on games that have no official achievements (like many Nintendo games) or that don't have achievements for certain significant milestones (e.g. achieving all collectibles in a game that does not require this for 100% achievement completion) is still absolutely okay! We just want to move away from the more trivial things that have been reported lately such as:

Anonymous said:
I caught a [Pokémon] today
Anonymous said:
cleaning some of my town in acnl!
Anonymous said:
double wordplay score in TBT basement word games just now!

We hope that everyone can understand that this thread is intended more for gamers who commit themselves to the long-term grind that is achievement hunting and that we would rather not dilute these accomplishments by letting it turn into just another 'what did you do today?' type of thread. 🎮

To lighten the vibe...

I 100% completed the trophy list for Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom today. Dear god how is this a children's game!? I'm in my thirties and struggled with it. 80 socks and 100 golden spatulas in addition to level-specific collectibles was kind of overwhelming. Back to playing Koei Tecmo games on nightmare mode to try and restore my honour as a gamer.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 17.44.28.png

Finally got Liyue's Stone Harbor's Nostalgia namecard! I think this took me a lesser amount of time than Mondstadt's Snezhnaya Does Not Believe in Tears namecard, but I'll take it. I can finally graduate from Liyue daily comms :") No namecard yet for Inazuma commissions so I'll wait for that, but for the meantime, might as well get acquainted with the Inazuma comms.

1653274041370.png

Got the Platinum medal for catching 2500 Normal-type Pokémon in Pokémon Go the other day. Mind y'all I've "only" been playing since November 21st last year, my friend called me a maniac and I suppose I agree with him. :p

There are Platinum medals for every type, but yeah you need 2500 catches of each, as well as Platinum medal-levels for other stuff as well.

My first Platinum medal in game, too so I feel rather proud.

GIclz2H.jpg

It took 57 hours (this was advertised as a 40hr plat, I feel duped!!) but I finally completed every objective in career mode in Planet Coaster for the Star Studded Career trophy. That's not even all the requirements for the platinum - I'm still only at 90% completion. 😱

Powering through the final few trophies isn't appealing to me right now because they're in a different game mode I don't enjoy as much. Might switch to another game for a bit and clean-up the remaining trophies for this one later.

FTtIb81XsCIIexV.jpeg

I decided to just hammer out those last five Planet Coaster trophies out anyway. 59hrs in and I can finally go ahead and enjoy sandbox mode! 😂 I might even treat myself to some of the DLC next time it goes on sale - the World Fair pack has been tempting me for the past few days.

I ended up enjoying this game so much more than I thought I would. I only have it because I got it for free through PS+ a couple of months ago. The only downside now is having to wait until the end of the year for Planet Zoo to release on PS5. 🦁

planetcoaster_plat.png

I seriously did not plan on tiering the current event on Bandori (Eng) but I do love the Moca and Kokoro summer theme so I played a few.
Now I’m currently in top 45.
I guess we’re going along with this then for the next 6 days.

23A53BFD-835C-4899-AC77-659A1F1BF386.jpeg

edit: don't have the energy to continue anymore, mainly because it feels like a chore more than it feels fun to achieve. well, I guess it was nice being part of the top 100 while it lasted.

Last edited:
I FINALLY GOT THE GOLDEN SLINGSHOT AFTER 4 YEARS OF CITY FOLK! (If this is not okay to put in the thread after the new rules then please remove!) I dont know how it was so hard to get because it was so easy to find one in New Leaf?!!?
IMG_20220320_175617_hdr[1].jpg

I've had Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a few months now but haven't done too many of the Cups, I've just been playing it online for TBT sessions for the most part. But I decided to try and get them all done over the past couple of weeks, and now I've 3-star ranked all 150cc, Mirror, and 200cc Cups. Pretty good, that's better than what I had on Mario Kart 8, lol. Still a few unlockables left to get, but I'm pretty happy I've 3-star ranked all the Cups that I can until the next waves of the Booster Course Pass come out.

I've had Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a few months now but haven't done too many of the Cups, I've just been playing it online for TBT sessions for the most part. But I decided to try and get them all done over the past couple of weeks, and now I've 3-star ranked all 150cc, Mirror, and 200cc Cups. Pretty good, that's better than what I had on Mario Kart 8, lol. Still a few unlockables left to get, but I'm pretty happy I've 3-star ranked all the Cups that I can until the next waves of the Booster Course Pass come out.
An update to this: I've now beat all 150cc time trial ghosts and grinded out enough coins to unlock all remaining parts, so everything I've wanted to do has completed! I suppose the only single player thing left I could do for some sort of MK8D completion would be the 200cc time trials, but that's a lot of effort for something that wouldn't earn me anything, lol.

As well, I beat all the Battle Cups (in both normal mode and galactic mode) in Mario Strikers: Battle League on Saturday, so that's pretty good! Wasn't sure I'd be able to do them so quickly, but I guess my years of playing Super Mario Strikers have helped out a lot.

I just beat the Galactic Championship in Mario Strikers: Battle League. I cannot express enough how much I hate the AI in that mode. Incredibly overpowered being able to read your every move and rarely making a mistake. Very unfair challenge, but I'm glad I managed to beat it.

Finally went back into Slime Rancher this evening and got the last few achievements I needed for completion! 🥳 Most were achieved on my main file, except for the Rush Mode ones and some ~riskier~ ones that I did on a Casual file, so I wouldn't put the slimes on my ranch in jeopardy. The one key is the spare purchasable one for soft-locked players! I couldn't stand to leave only one item unpurchased, especially since I had nothing else to do with my riches.

Achievements.jpg

I did this a while back, I thought I'd also share my final score for Rush Mode! Managed to earn enough for the highest achievement on my first try, no less. You can probably tell the strategy I went for, ahaha.

Rush Mode First Try!.png

F246F673-8A4C-4DA1-BFB9-0EA85A996A55.jpeg

I finally got all five best endings on Code:Realize! That means I’ve seen every CG, every song, and unlocked the bonus scenes. I had to replay a few routes, but it was worth it.

Platinumed Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires on PS5. 🥳
It's also my 40th platinum trophy! 😱

dw9e.png

Part of the fun in the Dynasty Warriors Empires games for me lies in the fact I'm writing a military fantasy series: I like to create my story characters in the game and watch how it plays out. It's a great solution for writers block. I had a great laugh earlier today when an incompetent foot soldier from book 2 mowed down the series protagonist like he was nothing in the very first battle of the campaign. 😂 I expect that DW10 will still be a couple of years away yet (and DW10:E even longer) so I will probably replay this one on PS4 in the meantime.

100% completed Celeste, a precision platforming game. Very fun to play, you can really see yourself improving as the levels get harder. I might actually replay this a few times.

1656184197797.png

First try, of course. Please disregard the obvious death counter in the screenshot thank you very much

I completed Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King on 3DS after just over 85 hours today! In that time, I...
-Cleared every rank in the Monster Arena! You can't control your monsters in combat, so a painful amount of this (especially in the last two ranks) was painfully luck-based. 😅
-Completed every Cameron's Codex Challenge (142 in total)! This sidequest involved taking photos of various people, places, and things throughout the game. Certain challenges were surprisingly quite grindy!
-Collected 139/139 mini medals!
-Defeated every single monster in the game and completed the Defeated Monster List!
-And finally, I beat all fifteen bosses in the bonus dungeon, Memories Lane! Oddly, they're not necessary for the game to give you credit for completing the Defeated Monster List, although they do all have their own entries there. As a little aside, the final superboss at the end took me 18 turns to defeat. Whew!

Boy what a trip down memory lane this game was. While I don't think it's worth the 40 dollars, it's a fun game to pass the time!

SonicOrigins.PNG

20220710032145_1.jpg

160 hours of total lifetime gaming for Binding of Isaac
Multiple DLCs to play
34 characters to play everything and beat Hard Mode with all of them
Glitched daily challenge achievements on my end.

But my goodness, this has to be my proudest achievement in gaming to date as I can now say I beat and 100% Binding of Isaac!!!

I got two more achievements in fallout 4 this week so i only need 12 more to 100% completion. The two i got were "All sugared up" and "Prankster's return" (after abt 5 mins of trying to put a grenade in a robots pockets only to realize i needed a perk to do it then another 30 mins of leveling up🤦‍♀️)

Back