Amiibos: Do you keep them in the box or take them out? What amiibos are your favorites?

Do you keep the amiibos in the box they came in or do you take them out?

• I keep them in the box.

• I like to display them outside of the box.

• I keep some in their boxes and others I have taken out.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dunquixote

Ha-Cha!!!
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Shadow Kitty Plush
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Red Super Star Trophy
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
I keep my amiibos in their boxes except for one that I have two of; one was a gift from a friend and another was from my family. I have my amiibo cards in a binder (in a protective sleeve page). I keep debating opening some since NL days like particularly the villager since scanning him in NH let’s you order his poster. I just ordered some Splatoon amiibos and now am again wondering if I should keep them in the box or would they be worth opening for the in game perks?

My favorite amiibos:
I haven’t played Monster Hunter but when I saw the cat on amazon, I had to get it even though it was more expensive than what the amiibos normally cost.

The villager was a hard one to find which is part of the reason why it is my favorite; I got it as a christmas gift!

Robin and I think maybe Corrin too was a Christmas gift from a friend (two different years I think). An earlier year, a friend got me one of the Able sisters’ amiibo (my mom got me the same one at Christmas).

Byleth is a favorite since Three Houses is my favorite Fire Emblem and I love Byleth; initially I was indifferent but as I looked at fan art, talked to artists about their fan art, and talked to other fans, I grew to appreciate Byleth tremendously 🙂.

Once my new amiibos arrive, I’ll be adding Joker, Small Fry, the Inklings, Snake to my favorite list 🙂, maybe Kazuya too.

Of my amiibo cards (I keep them in a binder in protective sleeves, my favorites are the three amiibo festival cards; I got them on ebay for a reasonable price (forgot how much since it has been a long time since I got them).

Last edited:
I have Splatoon amiibos, Animal Crossing amiibo figures, and some Smash Bros. but I used them for unlocking the gear so I displayed these amiibos outside the box and in the shelf for easy access and a nice way to display the amiibos.

The Animal Crossing villager amiibo cards are stored in those card album books I have however.

I have all of my figurine amiibos out of their packaging since I don't have a lot of room on my shelves and want to be able to use them. I also keep my amiibo cards sleeved and in a deck box.

I have mine all out of their boxes. I do like the packaging but like Zinnia said, it takes up a lot of room. I only keep figures and nendroids in their boxes , mainly for reselling purposes but also cause I like their boxes
I keep my cards in card binders!

I have amiibo figures as well as Animal Crossing amiibo cards.

Most of the amiibo figures I own thus far are from the Super Smash Bros. line; I have Byleth, Ike, Lucas, Lucina, Marth, Ness, Robin, Roy, Shiek and Zelda from the Super Smash Bros. line. I also have the Alm & Celica amiibo figures from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as well as the Tiki amiibo that they released to coincide with the release of the first Fire Emblem Warriors.

Of the ones I own, I guess my favorite would probably be Ike since his games, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, are my favorite video games and I like having a piece of merchandise to represent that. Maybe I ought to get one of those more expensive figures that companies sell sometimes, but eh, the prices of such figures tends to keep me away. Can't beat, what were amiibos back in 2017, like $12 or something? That said, the Alm, Celica and Tiki ones are cool too since it was kind of surprising to see a random game (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) get amiibo, and as a fan of the older Fire Emblem games I liked that they and Tiki got some recognition.

There are a few that I don't own that I might like to get someday but haven't ever gotten around to since I kind of fell off the amiibo bandwagon years ago. These ones I might still be interested in getting are Blathers, Boo, Celeste, Chrom, Peach and Waluigi. Blathers and Celeste because birds are my favorite animals, owls are cool and I like these two. Boo because I like spooky stuff, Boo's a fun design and because the amiibo glows in the dark. Chrom to add to my Fire Emblem amiibo collection. Peach I'd either like to get the Super Mario one or the Wedding one. Finally, of course, Waluigi because Waluigi Numbah WAH-ne!

I feel like if I get Chrom then I ought to get Corrin just to completely round out the full set of Fire Emblem amiibo available, but I really dislike Fire Emblem Fates and Corrin themself, so...eh.

While I'm small texting here, random tangent: I wish female Byleth and female Robin amiibo were available instead of the males since I always play females in games when given the option, but alas.

I've kept all of the figures in their boxes and have just have them all together in a bag. I cut the plastic of the boxes enough to be able to take the figures out and to be able to scan them into games. I dunno, I wasn't originally going to keep the boxes but I kind of liked how they looked and decided to keep them. I'll probably display the figurines themselves, out of their boxes, on a shelf at some point though. As for the amiibo cards, I just keep them together in a small box.

Last edited:
I have my cards in a binder but my amiibos stand freely by themselves. I think I have more figures than cards too. 🙃
(I really need to buy more cards but getting all of them is too much of a commitment but my binder is quite empty.)

I have a bunch of amiibos and have used all of them with various games. They're kept on a shelf when not in use. I threw out all the boxes long ago because I simply don't have the room and I'm not planning to sell them.

Back