Animal crossing: More trouble than it's worth.

Right now, I'm testing to see how long they go without asking to move plus 5 days of a moving period. I have 10 villagers, and Whitney asked to move on the 4th. I said no, and it's been almost 3 days since someone else asked. Plus five days, and that's at least a week to not worry about someone moving.

Right now, I'm testing to see how long they go without asking to move plus 5 days of a moving period. I have 10 villagers, and Whitney asked to move on the 4th. I said no, and it's been almost 3 days since someone else asked. Plus five days, and that's at least a week to not worry about someone moving.
I think it's just random. I've had villagers ask to move on consecutive days.

Wow, sorry to hear :(
& Just wondering, but did you deny all of their requests to move out? They should usually approach you (I've had a villager approach me twice about moving; the first time I told them to go, then the second time I convinced them to stay, haha) and there's always an option for you to tell them not to leave ^^"

The only time people moved out of my village fast was during a first few days when a very annoying "Swapnote Contest Winner" made me time travel just to get them the items they wanted. Literally they bugged the heck out of me all day everyday until I caved in and Time Traveled to get the item!
I don't time travel anymore and I have been letting them move out normally. Though there are some that I miss......

Clay, you were so cute and tiny my hamster buddy, I miss you. I wanted your picture but you moved too soon.
Rosie, you were cute and sweet, so peppy! I wanted your picture too.

Otherwise, I haven't had very many villagers that I liked move in. I'm giving them each time though.

Calm down and stop worrying about your damn "dreamies".

Moving out is part of the game. It's not stressful unless you make it stressful.

Moving out is part of the game. It's not stressful unless you make it stressful.

WELL, you could stress over plaid being in animal crossing.
Plaid.

MY DREAMIES ARE IMPRISONED IN MY TOWN FOREVER and I'm happy about that :)

I Can understands why it is stressfull. Henry has been in My town since the beginning and even if he only are one of 3 never to leave villagers (Henry, Bunnie, and Jeremiah) he is the one i would go nuts for if he left. I think i would start Cyckling and beg someone to babysit henry in that Case cause if it wasnt MY Henry who returned it wouldnt be the same (crazy to have that strong feelings for a game huh? XD

I recently missed a week of AC due to moving and all my villagers were still right where I left them. ;) Including Boone and Kabuki, who I would like to leave ASAP.

The only reason the game is stressful for some people is because they have a specific goal in mind, and refuse to deviate from that. The less you obsess over getting it perfect, the less stressful it will be. The reason villagers move out is to make it feel more like a real town, and also so the game doesn't get boring. It is a life simulation game, in some ways anyway. Let your town change, just as a real one would.

While I don't want any of my villagers to leave either, it's not because they're dreamies, but because I have my entire town laid out and anyone leaving would destroy the towns balance! I have paths covering like 99% of my town. I find it very annoying I'm forced to play almost everyday just to maintain what I put 1200+ hours into. I want to take a break once in a while.

Also, why are people so hardcore about dreamies? If I'm visiting someones dream town, I'm going to be looking at how well their town is laid out,paths and landscaping ect. And then looking at how they decorated their homes. And lastly, I might talk to a villager or 2 *if* it's one I've never seen before. Can't tell you how many dream towns I've visited and they have all or most of the popular dreamies and the town is just a snooze fest cause they put all their efforts into the dreamies and nothing else.

Personally, I've always hated the Moving out part of AC. It always made me sad when I was younger to see anyone move.

I don't really find any villagers ugly or dislike any (although, I have my favorites) so it always felt like a friend was leaving me. I never cared about their pictures--I'd rather them there.

I think the frustrating thing with AC:NL though is that moving away seems to be much more likely. I literally had villagers tell me everyday for a week (different one each day) they wanted to move and it's like...
There's something just really disheartening about that.

I get it that they made it the way you tend to get pictures and stuff, but it'd be nice if there was some kind of thing where a villager could ask if you wanted them to stay around forever and you could say yes and not worry about moving prompts. Beautiful town makes it so you can actually take a break/vacation and not worry about your village turning into a mess. However, this doesn't help the villager situation and there is nothing more disheartening then loading up your game and seeing your favorite villager gone.

I mean, I get that it's sad to have a villager move away, but there's no reason to stress out over a game and say that it's more trouble than it's worth just because they move away.

Wow, it's happening to me, but in REVERSE. I want my most hated villagers to move out.

I think it would be a nice feature if villagers could only ever move out after they told you/asked you. I would not like being able to "turn off" moving of any villager in general, I would like to be sure that none is planning to move/moving without me knowing, or that I could take an Animal Crossing break without worrying.
Maybe they could write you a letter and say that they think about moving, and then when you boot up the game, you can go to them and tell them to go or stay? I'd like that. :)

I used to have dreamies but I don't anymore simply because they stress you out.

I remember when I got my dreamie, Bunnie and when she moved into my town I barely spoke to her and she just got boring to me. Now I don't have dreamies, I let new villagers move in, it's even more exciting when I've never met them before. Instead of fussing over your dreamies you could just let the whole thing flow, meet new villagers and get to know them and enjoy the game for what it is instead of stressing yourselves out like this. Just my opinion.

Back