• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Any game recommendations for me?

VioletLynx

Bells
Tasty Cake
So I've been raised on the good-old childhood video games; Mario, Zelda, Pokemon... I love these games a lot and I'm super comfortable and happy with them, but I've been getting a little bored with them, too. I'm starting to get into Borderlands, though, and I'm loving it! (...even if there's a bunch of guns and guts and gore in it, which is a big reason why I prefer kids' games...) But I want to expand more and play more games. Are there any you would recommend to someone new to the bigger world of gaming?

PS: I hope your recommendation has tons of adventure in it :D

If you like adventure, I'd definitely recommend the Uncharted series (PS & XBOX). Sure, it has guns but... that's about it. There's A LOT of adventure and it's really quite fun. I'd like to also suggest the following: Assassin's Creed Series (Specifically Black Flag), Skyrim (PC & PS3), Crysis Series (PC), and, if you like horror games, the Resident Evil franchise.

Now... for "Kid's Games", I'd suggest Fantasy Life (3DS). It's a little bit of Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy, and Skyrim. Minecraft is also pretty good too. Oh, if you're interested in games that are similar to Call of Duty, Plants vs Zombies is definitely the game for you!

What consoles do you have?

Here are some that I would recommend:
Sonic Adventure
Shadow of the Colossus
Journey
Tales of the Abyss (I'm assuming you have a 3DS)

Lenna's inception and starbound

Looks very interesting, thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you like adventure, I'd definitely recommend the Uncharted series (PS & XBOX). Sure, it has guns but... that's about it. There's A LOT of adventure and it's really quite fun. I'd like to also suggest the following: Assassin's Creed Series (Specifically Black Flag), Skyrim (PC & PS3), Crysis Series (PC), and, if you like horror games, the Resident Evil franchise.

Now... for "Kid's Games", I'd suggest Fantasy Life (3DS). It's a little bit of Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy, and Skyrim. Minecraft is also pretty good too. Oh, if you're interested in games that are similar to Call of Duty, Plants vs Zombies is definitely the game for you!

Uncharted seems cool :D and I have Plants vs Zombies, it's one of my fav puzzle/strategy games :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_(1979_video_game)

the game is literally just called ADVENTURE I think that says it all

Ahaha wow, sad I don't have an Atari lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you want a vast exploration adventure game try either skyrim or The Witcher 3.

Second suggestion I've gotten for Skyrim... I should probably look into it then ☆ And why 3? what about 1 and 2? ...if there is a 1 and 2??

- - - Post Merge - - -

What consoles do you have?

Here are some that I would recommend:
Sonic Adventure
Shadow of the Colossus
Journey
Tales of the Abyss (I'm assuming you have a 3DS)

I currently have a PC, Wii U, PS3, Gamecube, N64, 3DS... cell phone, if that counts... Oh I love Shadow of the Colossus! and Journey looks so pretty and cool, I really can't wait to try it :D

Last edited:
3ds
Persona Q
Kirby triple deluxe
Any Pokemon game XD
Animal crossing HHD and ACNL If you don't have it already
Fantasy life
Super smash bros 3ds
Super Mario 3d land
New super Mario bros 2
Mario and luigi dream team
Wiiu
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
New super Mario bros U+new super luigi bros U
Mario kart 8+all the dlc
Splatoon(must have XD)
Ps vita(I don't have one but I recommend this one game uvu)
Persona 4

3ds
Persona Q
Kirby triple deluxe
Any Pokemon game XD
Animal crossing HHD and ACNL If you don't have it already
Fantasy life
Super smash bros 3ds
Super Mario 3d land
New super Mario bros 2
Mario and luigi dream team
Wiiu
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
New super Mario bros U+new super luigi bros U
Mario kart 8+all the dlc
Splatoon(must have XD)
Ps vita(I don't have one but I recommend this one game uvu)
Persona 4

Mario, Zelda, Pokemon... I love these games a lot and I'm super comfortable and happy with them, but I've been getting a little bored with them, too.

wat

If you have a Nintendo DS Lite, I cannot recommend the Golden Sun series more highly! I love it so much! It's a fantasy turn-based RPG with the first two games as GBA cartridges, and the third is a DS game. You play four (later eight) teenagers with magical powers trying to stop the end of the world, battling monsters and baddies, solving puzzles, and there are so many wonderful side quests! The animation is kinda blocky for most of it, but the summons and battle backgrounds are GORGEOUS. They're not too expensive on Amazon, or at Game Stop, and I adore it so much. Also, so many of the characters are just made of sass, and it's so funny.

I second Golden Sun, great series. If you're into turn based RPGs you should try out the Dragon Quest franchise, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Child of Light. Final Fantasy 3, 5, 10, 7, 8, and Type-0 are great games. Just be careful with FF games because they're usually a hit or miss.

If you're into fun colorful games there's the Katamari franchise, Chibi-Robo, Pikmin, and Kirby games. Yo-Kai watch is coming out in November and it's basically pokemon with a more Studio Ghibli-esque art style. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are really fun post-apocalyptic first person games. Mirror's Edge is an incredible first person 3D platformer, and I haven't played the sequel but I heard it's also great.

Anyway you should really look into some of these.

Last edited:
Omg yes, Katamari series is one of the most fun and colourful! The King of all Cosmos is so evil..in a good way ofc.

Second suggestion I've gotten for Skyrim... I should probably look into it then ☆ And why 3? what about 1 and 2? ...if there is a 1 and 2??

The First two games are good but they are PC only. They are also very time consuming and the second one requires a decent PC to play.

Seeing as you have a PS3, why not try Kingdom Hearts?
It's a cute game where you travel around to different Disney worlds and help those characters out (although the story is pretty tragic).

There's a whole lot of cut scenes though, so maybe consider it an immersive movie.

Maybe try Harvest Moon? It's as relaxing as Animal Crossing but has a farming and a bit of romance.

Games by Level-5 are nice too. I'd recommend Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney as an easy entry point to both series. Fantasy Life is a nice rpg if you still want to continue playing if the main storyline is finished. Ni no kuni is apparently quite good as it's a collaboration with Studio Ghibli.

-I'd also suggest Skyrim (Elder Scrolls). There are blood effects in the game, so if you're not a fan of blood, there's a mod you can get for it (literally called "No Blood"; I use it because I'm not a fan of the blood effects in games, either).

-If you like puzzle games, the "Trine" series is a good indie one. Not much replay value unless you're going for all the achievements or want to try to do the levels as another character, unfortunately.
"The Book of Unwritten Tales" is a lighthearted and humorous point and click puzzle game (I believe it still has a demo version if you're unsure).

-Portal and Portal 2 are a must-play. No blood or gore in them, and particularly the sequel has unforgettable characters which has had me replay the game; Portal 2 is one of the few puzzle games I've ever replayed. There are also fan-made levels to try out and co-op mode if you have a friend to play with.

-If you're into RPGs or want to try an MMO out, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has probably the best story I've ever encountered in an MMO (and even many video games). It does have a sub fee, though, but I believe it also has a "try before you buy" sort of deal going on.

-As someone else said, you might enjoy Kingdom Hearts (and the sequel).

Back