• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

~Ataraxia~

Island/Town Name
Ataraxia
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Cherry
Native Flower
Pansies

Giddy

An interesting fellow
Bells
Switch
1311-3752-4435
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Blue Hybrid Rose
welcome.png

Ataraxia's meaning: A state of freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety; tranquillity.

Welcome to my Journal~!

I've wanted to make a lil' journal about my Island for a while, but never found the time, nor really know how to start.
I also never structured what image to take and when, so the photos/videos will be as random as they come, but I should have some important ones for sure~

So, I actually first got my game a year after New Horizons was released, got the game and my switch on the 26th of March, 2021. So I kinda felt the excitement that everyone else did a year prior.
I also stopped myself from any spoils or watching any walkthroughs so I definitely had a lot more fun going in blind.

Ataraxia's Information:

Dream Address - Soon, though my Island won't be complete, and I'll probably update to get advice/tips.

Theme: I am working on this. I might go for a theme, of a small town in the lower Island, that's been slightly abandoned over time, and more fairy/forest-y area above? Hope to make loads of water stuff too.

Time Zone - United Kingdom (GMT)

Native Fruit - Cherries 🍒

Sister Fruit - Pears 🍐 (This is the fruit villagers keep giving me at home isn't it?)

Native Flowers - Pansies

Current Villagers:

rsz_villagers.jpg

Currently have: Julian / Bangle / Rudy / T-Bone / Roswell / Anabel / Nan / Daisy / Sylvana / Vivian

Past Villagers: Will update!

Museum:

Fossils - All completed ✔️

Fish - Ten fish to hook!

Bugs - Five insects left to net!

Sea Deep Creatures - One more to go, dunno which one it is either. :D

I think that's about it at the moment? I'll update this whenever~
Anyways, I do hope everyone enjoys my blog posts and photos of Ataraxia~! :D

27/03/21

The first day of Ataraxia:

my map.jpg

When going with maps, I don't think I had much of a hard time to find something I liked.
The lil' hidden beach right in the center of the back, perfecto~
And Tom's area wasn't in a too problematic place. I didn't entirely want it too close to the beach nor too far in the back.
I also adored the lil patch of beach near the airport, and I thought it was the perfect place to set my own home at. Also, given me the chance to put houses on the beach.

Since we get a sister villager, I had hoped for a specific villager, but honestly, I remember having a ton of fun with Agnes. :)
Sheldon...eh meeeh?

It is quite enjoyable to try out new villagers though~!

And also, since this was me using the switch for the first time; I had thought I was taking photos, but actually I was taking videos XD I'll put the videos in spoilers because they're completely random but I feel they do feel cute, and it's just funny looking back at them again.

Anyways, here's first pictures I took on the Island.

rsz_pic_1.jpg

Me and Agnes sitting on the bench, pretty tired from our first steps on the Island.

rsz_pic2.jpg

Enjoying a good rest for the first day. Funny how you're able to get the cake this quickly. Happy 1st Birthday to New Horizons~! 🎉

rsz_pic3.jpg

First shooting star on Ataraxia, possibly a good sign for the Island?

rsz_pic4.jpg

Despite it's the first day, doesn't mean I can't go out and recruit more Island lovers, never had Dizzy before, I don't think? Fun!

rsz_c5.jpg

A quick look to see that, yes. Casually putting stuff on the floor, but enjoying the full moon on such a wonderful day.

That's about it for the first day~!

Attachments

• villager 05.jpg
    villager 05.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 39
  • villager 04.jpg
    villager 04.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 40
  • villager 03.jpg
    villager 03.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 41
  • villager 02.jpg
    villager 02.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 42
  • villager 01.jpg
    villager 01.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 44
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker.mp4
    1.3 MB
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).mp4
    1 MB
  • ezgif.com-gif-maker.mp4
    1.3 MB
  • animal crossing 02.mp4
    1.8 MB
  • Animal crossing 01.mp4
    1.5 MB
  • Animal crossing 01.mp4
    1.5 MB
Last edited:
28/03/21

rsz_28-03-2021.jpg

This image was one I took in my friend's Island.
Once I told her I had the game finaly, she was excited to show me her Island, and I was blown away with what she had done. I knew she spent a lot of time to make it in the vision she wanted; and this was my favourite area, so I had to take a quick pic!

It actually gave me ideas, because I also wanted to have area where you can sit and look over the rest of the Island. That would be really cool.

29/03/21

Celebrating Blather's New Mesuem~!

It feels strange just having two villagers there when I first started. But it's nice that they came along and helped cheer us on.

yay.jpg

Another ceremony but this time for the opening of Nook's Cranny~! Those lil' Nook's have a lot of responsibility now!

29.03.21 part 2.jpeg

My first wasp sting, ouch! And shall definitely not be the last XD

29.03.21 part 3.jpeg

My first catch of a Sturgeon fish~! They're so beautiful!

29.03.21 part 4.jpeg

Hello Pascal~! It's sad telling him no the first time, but I always give him a scallop everytime.

Last edited:
30/03/21

First new Bridge~!

bridge 1.jpg

bridge 2.jpg

bridge 3.jpg

rsz_no4_of_30-03-2021.jpg

I celebrated with some bubbles~

rsz_no5_of_30-03-2021.jpg

Wanted to show off who I had on my Island at that point in time. Dizzy is adorable.

rsz_no6_of_30-03-2021.jpg

Another shooting star on my Island~! Feeling amazing about my Island from this.

1/04/2021

bet.jpg

Another nice night out, waiting for the blossoms to appear.

bet2.jpg

The trees always look amazing against a star filled sky~

03/04/2021

huh1.jpg

Musuem gets an update~ I'm not currently sure why or remember the specific change other than it being bigger.
That confetti always looks beautiful and dazzeling.

huh 2.jpg

Always great to get Isabelle back. She has finally gotten her holiday destination; but still behind a desk. Oops.

huh 3.jpg

Having a very sweet conversation with Daisy. I've never had her before, but I have loved her ever since~

While Dizzy is here, playing airplanes XD We look like parents of a cute kid XD I love when they play airplanes.

04/04/2021

rsz_04-04-2021.jpg

YOu ShOuLD nOT bE HApPy AbOuT THIs DaISY!!

05/04/2021

bet 1.jpg

Finally got our campsite ready, and hoping we get some nice people to visit Ataraxia!
(Right now, the area around the campsite is different; and I am really liking how it looks like here, so I might change it at some point. Even though, I plan to move the campsite near a waterfall above.)

bet 2.jpg

I too wish to sleep underneath a tree of cherry blossoms.
I don't have the sitting option yet DX He looks so adorable~

bet 3.jpg

Oh yeah, I guess I got all the eggs to get this cool egg hat. It's a shame how sometimes it over combines with the cherry blossoms.

06/04/2021

Meg 1.jpg

Dizzy having a nice rest under the orange tree, as Diasy takes a stroll with a tasty drink~

meg 2.jpg

He quickly changed positions under another tree and Bubbles joined him! :love:

meg 3.jpg

I think today I was just following villagers around XD Checking out what they do as I organise my Island.
Also that skull near the Musuem, I planned to get another for the other side, because it looks really cool for the musuem!

07/04/2021

bah1.jpg

I'm here as the friend who likes ruining their friend's vibes. I think Agnes was singing? And Dizzy was watching.

Gosh this face is terrifying!

bah 2.jpg

Fixed it~ Best trio ever~!!

08/04/2021

GUL1.jpg

HE'S HERE~!!!!!!!?!!!!!!
I have never loved a Seagull as much as Gulivarrrrr
I give him a cute scottish pirate accent. He's so great. I believe this is my first time seeing him? We were robbed when he never became a Series 5 Amiibo card. I had to get an amazing artist to make one for me.

GUL2.jpg

I'm finally bringing my absolute fav goat, Nan to the campsite~! I believe my love for her came around New Leaf? I can't be entirely sure. I know I loved Chevre in Wild World. And she's still in my Wild World town.

GUL3.jpg

I am so glad to have you too~! 💜😘
Now to make her stuff to convince her to stay!

GUL4.jpg

Because you're adorable, that's why~! I wish to sit with you.

GUL5.jpg

I love the lil' books she can read. Wish I could read under and orange tree.

09/04/2021

This is gonna be a long one, apologies. I just love taking so many cute pictures~

heya1.jpg

Gullivarr gave me some stylish clothing~ Absoltely amazing, I love it so much. The pirate items are so useful for an abondoned Island theme!
Label here for the day, and Daisy doing a lil' exercise~!

heya2.jpg

Brought Nan back again~
Ride that Rocking Hose all the way to an empty home on Ataraxia~ haha XD

heya3.jpg

I grabbed a cute lil' Octopus. Looks like the one from Nemo~
Don't let Zucker, Marina or Octivan!!

heya4.jpg

You're safe here~

heya5.jpg

heya6.jpg

heya7.jpg

heya8.jpg

I dunno what part of the Musuem looks more beautiful, but the butterfly room is fantastic. So photographic.

heya9.jpg

Opps, had no place to put my crafting items, so the beach was a godsend. I had everything there.

heya10.jpg

Don't think I ever shown Hippeux, but I got him via the Campsite. Looking snazzy there Hippeux!

heya11.jpg

Daisy having a nice rest by the sea. Love when they put glasses on when they read.

heya12.jpg

heya13.jpg

11/04/2021

Oh boy~ Here I go trying out that fun stressful villager hunt! I wonder who I'll fi-

JULIAN1.jpg

f9ae3e159c20b661552b4afed8621e2c.jpg
um....
JULIAN2.jpg

MV5BMTEzNmI2OGItZTA1Mi00NzNkLTllY2MtMTFjMmYzODg0ODI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzE5MDUxODM@._V1_.jpg

Okay, so I never had Julian.
Nor did I really know why everyone adored him so. So, I thought why not? Let's try him out and see what he's like!! :D

12/04/2021

rsz_bubbles_of_12-04-21.jpg

Who knows how that setence ended XD

But best Gal Trio ever~ I can totally see it happening.
Gosh, Agnes's house is sooo bare if you don't give her anything. It really doesn't show off her perseonality.

13/04/2021

pug1.jpg

Well then...
So much in this picture, I believe. Finally getting the Able Sisters to bring their shop to the Island~! :D yyay
Nan is finally a resident of Ataraxia~! I hope she enjoys her stay!
We also have a few other villagers such as Julian and Snooty!

I wanted the shop a lil away from the airport, because I thought it would be more adventurous to explire the Island while looking for houses, and shops.

pug2.jpg

We love a good confetti celebration, I'm sure the ants can clean the confetti for us~

pug3.jpg

Got a new mask, that celebration for Daisy all tuckered up, and having a smoothie.

pug4.jpg

It least the map shows id I've done any changes back then XD
And yes, I got the mario tube 0-0...

pug5.jpg

Julian relaxing in the back.
That poor lil' soul, doesn't know how long he's going to stay here.
Love the slight moon as well~ Best pic for it. Julian under the slit moon sky.

14/04/2021

um1.jpg

Why is my new Hedgehog cold towards me...😣

The clothing collection challenge starts here~!

um2.jpg

Good to see you too Nanny.
Those cherries in the background look amazing~! 😋

um3.jpg

Me and Hippeux look like a mid thirty married couple, just enjoying each other's hobbies in the same room. I'm loving this idea, I dunno how I would use this, but will definitely use it for something.
I was trying to get him to clap at my performance, but I think that was New Leaf, why did they remove that?

15/04/2021

stars1.jpg

Julian's house is always so dreamy and filled with all the items I wish I could own. Also the most annoying items to craft, because I can't seem to get any shooting stars. XD I still need the receipes for some of these items. (I'm looking at you, you star wall thing)
We love a good villager crafting things~

stars2.jpg

Um..NO, PUT IT BACK! Stop exploring the deepest, darkest pits of the ocean; we can't handle what's out there DX

Despite that though, love these creatures. I need more on my beaches.

stars3.jpg

Figures the butterbean headed dog villager comes up with the nickname of: Butterbean.
You're making me hungry Daisy, and I shall accept this nickname in your honor.

16/04/2021

It's raining~!!

rain1.jpg

I love a good thunderstorm~ The rain is so beautiful! 🥰

Screenshot 2023-09-01 20.45.44.png

Thanks Dizzy, this lil' guy was giving me the run around. XD

rain3.jpg

That sounds so poetic. Poetic and adorable. I look up to you so much.

rain4.jpg

rain5.jpg

The lighting makes the photo look so amazing~! Makes it look so scary and errie.

rain6.jpg

I got all the Sanrio cards :D
Never get to see them all at the same time. This room looks kinda spooky, but it's still sweet. My favourite is Etolie. Although a lot of their furniture are amazing. Chai and her teapcup is so adorable. She's perfect for a fairy tale theme.
Do you think people would've liked Rilla if she was a cat or something? She looks like a cute mum Gorilla~!

rain7.jpg

Swimming in the thunderstorm~!
Not recommended in real life, but in the game, best time to get those critters!!

rsz_no8_published_on_april_16.jpg

I forgot to add my passport I took a pic as well! I am loving the background, so beautiful.

Last edited:
Back