Bees vs. Wasps

I'm a bit confused by the mention of honey since it's never been in the games, but the only difference (I think) is the translation of "bee" to "wasp."
In Japanese the word for bee and wasp are the same. I think the "bee" was always supposed to represent a hornet anyway, specifically the Japanese giant hornet which is famously super aggressive. Bees are a lot more chill.
Bee.jpg

The tapered waist is more wasp-like, and the coloration is similar to the hornet.
220px-Vespa_mandarinia_japonica1.jpg

Wait, that thing is on clover? It's a monster! If I saw that IRL, I would definetly stay away!

^ Yes to the above, I think they're depicted with the right amount of terror in AC games. :p
I see them pretty often in Japanese media where characters have to run away from swarms.

There was a female hornet intent on building her best in my house once... I covered her with a glass and took her outside... Then she found her way back in through the vent!!! I had to repeat the process and turn the extractor on so she couldn't find her way back in!
Then there was a wasp flexing his stinger menacingly at me when all I wanted to do was get the washing in from the garden... I love wasps but I don't think they like me ༼இɷஇ༽

I agree with the above! They never looked like bee's to me... I thought maybe they were killer bee's because I was thinking of that film 'My Girl'...

In some of the new gameplay footage, you can see individual bees free flying, so I had assumed wasps and wasp nest fall from trees and bees spawn more like butterflies. I wonder if they try to sting you when you mess with them too much!

Wasps are pretty scary. I never encountered one in real life, but I do know for a fact they are very dangerous, so it makes sense to have them in the game. Hopefully the wasps in the game aren't too hard to catch, because I always try my best to catch every single one of them when they fall out of the tree. The bees made good bells in previous games in the beginning providing you can catch them. So the wasps might make good bells early on too.

Wasps are pretty scary. I never encountered one in real life, but I do know for a fact they are very dangerous, so it makes sense to have them in the game. Hopefully the wasps in the game aren't too hard to catch, because I always try my best to catch every single one of them when they fall out of the tree. The bees made good bells in previous games in the beginning providing you can catch them. So the wasps might make good bells early on too.

They're incredibly dangerous. When I was 17, I accidentally disturbed a wasp nest in a tool shed, and was stun around approx. 30~ times in a very short time in the arm and shoulder, which can be very lethal for some people such as people who don't weight much. Luckily I managed to get out of the shed and close the door which locked most of them in and got away, being stun a few more times while I was running away.

When I got inside, I was extremely nauseous and felt like I was going to pass out. I was drove down by the neighbour to the Emergency Room and I felt like crap for a good week afterwards.

Honestly, I'd rather have been kicked in the tender region than go through that again.

A fair point was made in that the dropped item is canonically "beehive", though I have been playing a lot of Desert Island Escape lately where you collect honey from the hives.

Either way I'm also VERY afraid of all bees so honestly it's all terrifying to me lol

A fair point was made in that the dropped item is canonically "beehive", though I have been playing a lot of Desert Island Escape lately where you collect honey from the hives.

Either way I'm also VERY afraid of all bees so honestly it's all terrifying to me lol

Wasps are an invasive species, they normally roost in beehives made by bees so it makes sense.

Wasps are an invasive species, they normally roost in beehives made by bees so it makes sense.

Exactly what I was saying in an earliest post in this thread;)

Wasps are a-holes bees are nice �� (and as a Floridan we avoid them like the plague, the wasps I mean)

I have no idea but I hope it is as easy to catch them as they made it look in the video. >_<

I've always been under the impression that those deadly tree bees have always been wasps. Specifically the Japanese giant hornet. First time I ever saw a picture of one of them I was like "THAT'S THE ANIMAL CROSSING STING BUG."

Doesn't help that the 'beehive' always looked like the wasp nests when the wasps first start building them. At least the ones around my house anyway.

Back